free website stats program Short ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Short ride

Gold4484

Contributor
Now that good weather is here, we work the short week. 4-10 hr days.
Friday we have off, so I hopped on my 'Bob', and headed for my credit union which is 40 miles round trip. The sun was shining, and it was 75 degrees. How come my speedometer registered 214 miles instead of the 40 miles round trip when I got back to my house?? Isn't there a Federal Law that states....We Have Right To Know ?.....Wow, I wonder what would have happened if I went for a joy ride! :lolrolling

BRIAN

I know what you mean. I've been trying to figure out why the closest Walgreens to my house is only about a 5 minute drive in a cage, but seems sometimes to take hours on the bike. I'm wondering if sometimes there is an electronic malfunction on the bike that creates a time warp

Gold4484; you didn't happen to buy your Bob from Marty McFly, or Doc Brown??? My Street Glide has the same problem...took my daughter & sis-in-law for a short ride yesterday & next thing we know I came home to a cold supper. Gotta love those "short trips." :s

The study of time. maybe we are not meant to know..... I have noticed time slows down when i ride...... :dknow

Must be a light sensitivity problem...I leave it is sunny and nice...come home and it is cool and dusk...! :small3d007:

The wife has pointed this out to me. I come back from a short ride and she wants to know where the heck have I been. Must be something in the exhaust fumes. :D

I always seem to get "lost" on a "short" ride and forget where I'm supposed to be going. Must be something in the wind.:D

Since I retired I've noticed that when I leave in the morning, sometimes before 7:00AM, with no particular place to go I usually come home just before dark with 500 to 700 miles on the ODO. I usually have to go to the road atlas to try to remember just where I went. Wifes still working so I don't have to worry about "where I've been" questions. I find some of the best roads and eating places this way!!!

I heard a so called animal psychiatrist state one time that dogs have no sense of time, that's why if you leave the house and come back in two minutes later, they act just as excited to see you as they do when you come in after being gone all day. Maybe this sense of lost awareness of time overcomes us when we get on a bike. Maybe we should just refer to it as the "Dog Phenomenon"

Oh great....now I have a case of the DP's !!!! That 'short' ride yesterday must have been in the cards....as it has been raining ALL day here!

BRIAN

Back