free website stats program Short camping trip with the wife and some friends | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Short camping trip with the wife and some friends

sorry i haven't finished the story. yes we are back now!

Day 2:

we woke up and relaxed a little. we had over 4 hours to go 20 miles and meet our friends! so we had some time.

since we do not have a whole lot of room on the bike, and we could not pack breakfast, we packed up and headed into town to eat
\
DSC08543.jpg
[/IMG]

greasy and cheep. we ate for $12.

then we got thirsty and knew of a bar near by that served awesome bloody marries!..... it happened to be serve yourself morning. so happy!
IMG_0067.jpg
[/IMG]

Brittney texted a number on the tab for free drinks and one of our drinks was free. cant beat two bloody marries for $4.50.

after our fill we traveled north and stopped at a wayside park on the St. Croix river to await the rest of the group.
DSC08546.jpg
[/IMG]

It was hot, so i went swimming for an hour!
DSC08550.jpg
[/IMG]

then our Friends showed up! an ultra, street glide, and a sporty. couldn't tell you the years of the bikes but mine was the oldest.
DSC08551.jpg
[/IMG]

our wolf pack grew, and we were on the road!
DSC08555.jpg
[/IMG]

the plan was to ride through Duluth, MN and head up the north shore of lake superior to Temperance river state park. very nice ride.
on the way up past Silver Bay, MN there is a look out over Lake Superior that we stopped at.
Palisade Head. supposedly the tallest lookout over the lake in MN.
DSC08565.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0069.jpg
[/IMG]

Rain clouds started to appear and decided we better set up camp before it rains
DSC08566.jpg
[/IMG]

it didn't rain and we found a nice restaurant and ate dinner.
after dinner we bought some "soda" (if anyone from the MN state parks asks)
and watched a very energized lightning storm roll in. two hours later it started to rain and we went to bed.

Day 3:

Did I mention that my wife and I were busy?

We had to wake up at 5am, pack quietly, and head straight back home to get to a 10:45am appt.

so we carved a big THANK YOU! in the dirt for our friends to read when they woke up. and headed out by 6am.

IMG_0070-Version2.jpg
[/IMG]

no one is on the road!

IMG_0071-Version2.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0074-Version2.jpg

IMG_0075-Version2.jpg

we made it to our appt. on time with ending milage
DSC08567.jpg
[/IMG]

final milage is 528.

our friends eventually woke up and went on for more riding to Ely, MN.
since they were from Red Wing and further south, by the time they made it home that day they put on over 800 miles in two days! I was impressed.

The End

Thanks for looking!

Back