free website stats program Short camping trip with the wife and some friends | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Short camping trip with the wife and some friends

We are home now and finally i got some internet access from my computer.

our plan for day one was to head out and camp in the St. Croix state forest. only about 100 miles.

but we needed food and drinks first, so we stopped at Tanks Tavern in Cloverdale MN
DSC08505.jpg
[/IMG]

and had the best beer there is!

DSC08508.jpg
[/IMG]

after dinner we went to our campground. it was at the end of a 4 mile logging road

DSC08510-Version2.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC08514.jpg
[/IMG]

the road wasn't bad, but the campground was awesome! no one really knows about it, so it was empty on a saturday. we found a campsite by a lake and set up camp.
DSC08519.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0056-Version2.jpg
[/IMG]

it was really hot so we went to the lake and I swam a little. it was really refreshing. and watched the sun set. all for $12!

DSC08522-Version2.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC08534.jpg
[/IMG]

we ended the night watching the stars through our tent.

Great pics and story. Yep I remember my youth, camping, travelling the good old days. Enjoy it while you can. My idea of travel now is a hot shower and comfy bed at the end of the day! :p

Be safe!

what all you packed in the picture -- I agree --- a nice table and two chairs should be packed for an over nite camping trip!!! (smiling here) --- enjoy (you are probably back home by now).

Nice pictures - thanks for sharing them. Great looking bike and a really pretty place to camp out.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics and looks like an excellent spot to relax! I was never much of a camping fan, but occasionally would camp when I could find a peaceful spot like that.

Ah...I remember those Grain Belt beer headaches. Glad you had a great/safe trip & now it's time to start planning the next trek.

Great pics and story. Yep I remember my youth, camping, travelling the good old days. Enjoy it while you can. My idea of travel now is a hot shower and comfy bed at the end of the day! :p

Be safe!

We are enjoying our youth! camping is so much cheeper!

I like the name of that Tavern! :D

Thanks for posting the camping pictures! Enjoyed them all.

I figured you would like that.

Ah...I remember those Grain Belt beer headaches. Glad you had a great/safe trip & now it's time to start planning the next trek.

Have you tried the Nordeast? Its the best! we might be heading south to Dubudue Iowa sometime in september, but we have really busy schedules so we will see.

what all you packed in the picture -- I agree --- a nice table and two chairs should be packed for an over nite camping trip!!! (smiling here) --- enjoy (you are probably back home by now).

Nice pictures - thanks for sharing them. Great looking bike and a really pretty place to camp out.

Bill

Thanks! it would be nice to bring everything camping! but I need a trailer

Back