free website stats program Shopsmith Mark V | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shopsmith Mark V

Just a warning those machines bite, a good friend lost a finger on one,had about 25 years under his belt as a trim carpenter at the time.

If you are limited for room they are fantastic since they have so many items rolled into that one space. It does take a bit to change it around for each capability though. My Uncle had one back in 1963, my cousin and I used it on weekends.

I would try wiping muratic acid on the rust first to see if you can neutralize it. Then rinse it well with damp rags (or the hose if it's in a location you can do that). Then blow it dry with compressed air. If it still has rust try some 600 grit sand paper. If it's really bad try 400 grit. Then finish it with 600 grit and spray oil it down.

Those are neat machines.

I'd be happy to if you can tell me how. Make changes on my photobucket acct or on this forums' settings. Thanks in advance if you can help me:(

If you go to your photobucket account place your cursor over the picture you want to re-size and a drop-down menu will appear. Pick re-size and you will get several options on the size. I think the max size for this forum is less than 800x600.

If you go to your photobucket account place your cursor over the picture you want to re-size and a drop-down menu will appear. Pick re-size and you will get several options on the size. I think the max size for this forum is less than 800x600.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Post your pic again at a lower rez. I'd like to see it.

Here's another try, hope these are the correct size..

09-24-2011051850PM.jpg

09-24-2011051532PM.jpg

09-24-2011051532PM.jpg

09-24-2011052444PM.jpg

Back