free website stats program Shopsmith Mark V | Harley Davidson Forums

Shopsmith Mark V

Mavagrand

Buddy just gave me an old Shopsmith Mark V. He got it has payment for some work he did and doesn't want it. This thing is rusty but the motor runs..I've sprayed it down with lubricating oil for the night and gonna clean it up tomorrow. I've heard of these things in the past and have always wanted one..I know new ones are going for 5k+ so happy to get this.

Any of you guys have experience with these things?

If so, where can I get a manual for a Mark V?

You are gonna have to be real organized to enjoy that thing. Do all similiar milling operations at once and then change the machine over to the next setup. I'm glad I have all the different tools that I can just go straight to the machine that I need at that time. I saw your other post with the TV cabinet you made, nice job!! Just plan your moves in advance.

You are gonna have to be real organized to enjoy that thing. Do all similiar milling operations at once and then change the machine over to the next setup. I'm glad I have all the different tools that I can just go straight to the machine that I need at that time. I saw your other post with the TV cabinet you made, nice job!! Just plan your moves in advance.

Pat, thanks for the tip. Sounds like good advice and I'll keep it in mind. I don't have a lot of room here at the house so I'm hoping the Shopsmith will give me the most "bang" for the space involved.

Hi...I have a cabinet shop therefore I have a big shop and dedicated tools and a large investment but for a small home shop I think it would be a great tool..It sounds like Mr hammerhead pat has riped a fue boards himself..:)..Back when my business was a hobby I loved going out to the shop.....Its my job now..LOL..Have fun with it...Mat

I also always wanted one of them. It's appears to be a great machine. If you have any issues, or are worried about the motor, use a product called CorrosionX on it. It's electrically neutral and works much better than contact cleaner.

Hi...I have a cabinet shop therefore I have a big shop and dedicated tools and a large investment but for a small home shop I think it would be a great tool..It sounds like Mr hammerhead pat has riped a fue boards himself..:)..Back when my business was a hobby I loved going out to the shop.....Its my job now..LOL..Have fun with it...Mat

Yeah, I've pushed a few boards and had 1 or 2 push back:small3d031: Here's a few of my built-ins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man...Very nice work...You spent a lot of time on them and I like the curve on top the crown molding ,Rosettes and...........Ok I like it all.... Im not set up to do curve rails on the doors...Very impressive and I bet its even better in person..Is this what you do for work?....PS...Your no hammer head..LOL

Man...Very nice work...You spent a lot of time on them and I like the curve on top the crown molding ,Rosettes and...........Ok I like it all.... Im not set up to do curve rails on the doors...Very impressive and I bet its even better in person..Is this what you do for work?....PS...Your no hammer head..LOL
Not my occupation. Just like yourself, it was a hobby that got out of hand. When my father in law retired, he was into small crafts and such and got tired of going to craft shows and selling "small" items. Somehow a interor designer got a hold of him and wanted some built ins done for a model home in the $400k range. I was helping him on my days off and we probably did work in half the homes in the neighborhood. Good group of folks to work with:D:D Word of mouth kept us busy, one project after another for about 6 years. Did an entertainment center for Trent Dilfer( Bucs qb) when he was in Tampa, and also for the Cappriotti( tennis player) up in Saddlebrook. Don't do any on the side any more. However , there is this one neighbor that thinks I really love jumping off the sofa to help him whenever he rings the doorbell.Thanks for the compliments, I have a FIL that took the time to really show me the way to do things..

Back