free website stats program shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

shocks

I talked to the folks from Progressive at Bike Week for about 20 minutes about replacing the stock shocks on my Street Glide.

Here's the major things I recall:

1. Their 960's are purported to be a step above the shocks NASCAR uses
2. HD pays $8 per shock for the stock shocks
3. They are pricey - wanted $700 for a set of 960's

I'd love to do this upgrade but at that price, I'll wait a while.

I've tried the progressive - 412's,418's,and the 430's - the 430's I found to be the best riding ones of the group - I've also ridden a bike that had the 440's and they were not what I read they would be like - they made me feel like I was riding a rigid framed bike - the 960's were out of my league price wise, but I'm sure they ride real nice - I believe they claim to lower your bike without loosing any travel? Another shock I would consider would be a company called "Works" shocks - I've head a lot of good things about them -

Well Dr. he lost me on #1 , I've done enough racing my life to know thats a lie. He couldn't gold plate a set of progressives and make them better than Nascar shocks . The shocks we run on our Dirt Late Model are $750 ....a piece .

the 960's were out of my league price wise, but I'm sure they ride real nice - I believe they claim to lower your bike without loosing any travel?

He said you can lower the bike a bit, as you said, or keep the seat height exactly the same. Once installed, they have you sit on the bike and THEN they adjust the top of the shock. No matter which way you go, you get more travel from a better engineered shock and never have to get out the air pump and gauge again.

I have a set of brand new 12" Progressive 430-4079B's in the box for sale if you are interested. I can't comment on the ride because I never bolted them on but the quality of the Progressive's are real apparent. I would hate to cover them up with saddle bags.

What I do not understand is on their website it states for HD application, bike should be run at close to or at maximum carrying capacity at least 50% of the time. Wonder how the ride is with only rider and no luggage.

What I do not understand is on their website it states for HD application, bike should be run at close to or at maximum carrying capacity at least 50% of the time. Wonder how the ride is with only rider and no luggage.

Maybe they recommend this so that your ride is so harsh 50% of the time, you'll want to rush out and get a pair of their shocks!

:lolrolling

Back