Shocks on 2011 SG

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by DrBro, Aug 30, 2010.

1. DrBro

DrBro Member

So as I was reading my new owners manual (slow day uncharacteristically) I was surprised to read that my new bike has pre load adjustment rather than the air shocks on the 09 SG. Why the change?????

2. billnapabill

billnapabill Active Member

Probably cuz everyone was complaining about the suspention on the 09 and 10 touring bikes............how's yours ride? I have a 09 Roadglide CVO and while the bike handles great, it's a back burner when ya hit a whoopee too hard.

3. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

If you dont like the hydrolic shocks( one side rebound, one side compression) I would happily trade my air shocks for ur hydro shocks!!:D

4. DrBro

DrBro Member

LoL! I am already seeing a trend here. After a short ride, I noticed how much smoother the bike seemed. I was checking the manual to see if the air settings were different from my 09. To my surprise there was a pretty dramatic change! I am taking my first long ride this week, so I will report back after. Is this change new for '11?:D If so, my wife is even smarter than I thought:newsmile047:for making me buy this bike........ The saleman has already asked if she has a sister

5. JJDH

JJDH Active Member

LOL. The 2010 cvo has em. The standard bikes dont get em.

6. DrBro

DrBro Member

Yeah whatever, I am sticking with it was all my wife's idea. :grose No disrespect but I think that is best for me and I like the hydro shocks so far anyway. It is her birthday after all, and I am typing on the HD website. Gotta go!

Now I have this gently used air pump to get rid of.....

7. billnapabill

billnapabill Active Member

I'll trade ya too!!