free website stats program shock proof heavy? | Harley Davidson Forums

shock proof heavy?

HDSickness

Banned
I keep reading about shockproof heavy on here, is it different than the Redline V-Twin transmission oil with shockproof that I have been using?

I keep reading about shockproof heavy on here, is it different than the Redline V-Twin transmission oil with shockproof that I have been using?

One in the same Good Stuff

[URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/postid333160"]Red Line Synthetic Oil - V-Twin Transmission Tech: A Better Idea Than Using Motor Oil in Your Transmission
[/URL] here is more info for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Really quieted shifts down alot, neutral much easier to find. This is on a brand new 2010 FatBoy.
wilks3

If you want the SCOOP on what i got .... Label change is what it is about.

I called Dave at Redline When The V-TWIN labels were First being used by Redline..

Checking to Compare what I have used on their "Regular Labeled Products", for my bikes over the years.. to their New V-Twin Label...

ASKING him about the New V-Twin Label???

Dave answered :

They felt that Redline was missing a lot of the NEWER Crowd, as Most Other oil companies Put Out a V-TWIN label of some sort.. To Capture the Motorcycle crowd..

I asked about the NEW label on their Products COMPARED to what I have used over the Years???? (old label)

He ASKED ME, IF I had any problems using their "Regular Labeled Product" ??

NO was my answer. And His was "SO"...............

The LABLED FOR V-TWIN comes with ADDED COST... Some MINOR changes like More anti wear in the 20/60.

Their 20/60, I used to order by the case for Az. NOW was a whopping 3 $$$ more, BECAUSE it stated V-TWIN on a new label and bottle.. I went back using their 20/50 Blue label as I never had a Heat problem requiring the 60 nor felt the added More anti wear was needed.

I use the Shockproof Heavy and BUY it in the OLD Pink label and it is the same product I have used for Years and I don't need a special Label on it to say for V-Twin use..

Also notice on the V-Twin label (I use MTL) now saying V-Twin Primary/clutch lube.. Wet Clutch Approved.

Again, I don't Need the Label so I stick with the OLD Label and save a few $$$$ when I purchase... Big Yellow Letters on label "MTL"

I 'm one that has always BOSTED their products as I have Had the Best Protection when using Them..

I will commonly state about their Shockproof Heavy for the Tranny:

Never Ever Any Metal on magnetic plug "NEVER-EVER" True...

I have used Redline in their Regular Label.....Using Redline Products in all of my Many bikes over the Years and I wouldn't Change to another product...

Some Have asked about the MTL I used in my Primary/Clutch..

I have put on 117,000 miles on an Original Clutch in My 2ooo FXDS
(still working good when traded off).. Bike always had a big engine in it and also changed out to a Rev-Tech 6 speed Gear Set using Red Shockproof Heavy REG. LABEL in that bike Putting over 60,000 on that 6 speed gear set.

20/50 Redline (blue label) engine
MTL (YELLOW) for the primary
Shockproof Heavy (pink label) for the tranny

signed....BUBBIE

Mines full of Red Line too!Only,it says the 20/50 can be used also in the primary,and thats where I put it.The US gallon pot has enough for the engine and the primary,with a little left over for case lub when I reload.Never had clutch slip or any other problems associated with oils in the primary,and saved myself a few quid on a special(un-neccessary in MHO!)3rd oil for my primary.But,advice on this forum is ignored at your peril,so go with what youre told in the first incidence,and evolve your own opinion after that.

Back