free website stats program Shipping bike to Europe | Harley Davidson Forums

Shipping bike to Europe

itellya

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Europe. Has anyone encountered any problems shipping your bike from the US/Canada to Britain? Were there any restrictions?

I am planning a 3 month trip riding around Europe and attending some rallies etc.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had experience in doing such and adventure.

thanks

Itellya

I thought about doing this as well - thought being the key word here. My plan was to sell the bike in Europe to finance the trip, and then pick up another one when back in the States. I don't know if it's feasible, legal, or how much of a hassle it might be, but I thought it would be kind of cool.

Good luck to you on your trip!

What a good idea! Well, ideas. To tour Europe and to sell the bike. You know, the difference in prices between US and Europe make your idea SO attractive. Which model? Let me know if Spain is included in your itinerary
WAP.gif

I thought about doing this as well - thought being the key word here. My plan was to sell the bike in Europe to finance the trip, and then pick up another one when back in the States. I don't know if it's feasible, legal, or how much of a hassle it might be, but I thought it would be kind of cool.

Good luck to you on your trip!

While that sounds nice, I think it would be far more difficult
than it looks.

When I got my bike, the guy who owned it in the US had it de-registered first, so the bike traveled without a registration.
Then the bike had to be inspected, and lots of papers to get it road legal.

Even if you could get around the de-registration bit, you would still have to "nationalize" the bike to be able to sell it,
including paying the import tax.

There may also be the issue of a carnet that you may have to get and hold while you have the bike in Europe.

Best to call / email a couple of dealers around where you plan to go, maybe they know a better way.

Course you could always have a tree hit the bike, take the insurance
and sell it for parts. ;)

Back