free website stats program Shipping a Bike cross country? | Harley Davidson Forums

Shipping a Bike cross country?

Joe2007ultra

Going to do a Seattle Las Vegas ride this spring. Just wondering who is the best shipping company to use? Will be shipping bike from New York Area to Seattle and then from Las Vegas back to New York.

Thanks

Would a rental not be cheaper or do you really want to ride your own bike?

Yeah we have been debateing that issue. For the 10 days renting is about the same as shipping. Being the cost is about a wash I think I would like to ride my own bike.

You could pay me, for a one way ticket to New York and I can see some increditable sights along the way to seattle on your bike. :laugh

Joe2007...why not make it a BIG trip & do the entire route (NY to WA to NV & back)? Would be a sweet ride.:newsmile011:

Otherwise - recommend you do a little research w/freight carriers - specifically long-haul moving companies (i.e. Allied, Mayflower, Penske, NA Van Lines, etc.). They can look at their scheduled routes & see if your bike can get added onto the truck. Also, another option to pursue are long-distance carriers (Fedex Freight, Werner, UPS, SAIA Motor Freight) & see what they charge for this type of shipment. Depending on which route you take - Insure the Bike!!! Seen too many of my military friends ship bikes & get them back w/major damage.

Good Luck & hope it's a nice ride!

I shipped both my FLHT and FLHR from NJ to Las Vegas this month. Federated did a fine job both times. Red Rock Harley will let you leave the bike for them to pick up or accept delivery for you regardless of shipper.
flhrrider

Thanks FLH rider.

Ice, Wish I could take the 3 weeks off to do the round trip. Just can't take the time off.

Last edited by a moderator:
i rented harley in las vegas for 24 hrs. was like 80.00 a day. iron eagle rental great people new bike with vary low miles

Thanks FLH rider.

Ice, Wish I could take the 3 weeks off to do the round trip. Just can't take the time off.

Joe2007Ultra: I know the feeling. Both on wishing I had the time off as well as riding your own ride. I was out in Knoxville Tennessee for some work stuff for a week, I rented a RK and did the dragon. It was fun and I am glad I did it, but the entire time I was wishing I had my own ride. You and your ride become one, the fit is like no other.

Hey Walleye

I did the Dragon last fall , Great ride after that we rode the blue ridge pkwy all the way back into Virgina, Great Ride recommend it to everyone to do it at least once.

Back