free website stats program Shining up the pipes.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shining up the pipes....

It will sound funny, but a friend of mine uses zippo lighter gasoline, and his pipes are always the better looking ones out of the whole group....

This is the napulitan way :bigsmiley24:

You are gonna laugh at this but I once read that peanut butter is a good chrome polish. I have never tryed it but I think one of our members should and report back

You are gonna laugh at this but I once read that peanut butter is a good chrome polish. I have never tryed it but I think one of our members should and report back

Theres no peanut butter here.... Sorry cant try it :bigsmiley24:

Ahh, but no denying Kemo's good taste regarding his selection...just don't know about how good it polishes chrome! :newsmile053:

Is that chunky or smooth?:bigsmiley24:

When I got back from my last trip, I had a lot of stuff (got to keep Glider happy) on my pipes. I used Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover, which has wax in it. I rode through a lot of rain (several days worth) and a lot of road construction. When I first looked at the pipes, I thought they would never come clean. I sprayed this stuff on them (heavy coat, put a rag underneath to catch the drippings) and let them sit for a few minutes. Wiped them down and could not believe the shine. Had to go back and work on some of the tar, but it was actually pretty easy, and they look like I just rolled the bike off the showroom.

Back