free website stats program Shining up the pipes.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Shining up the pipes....

Pride913

I was curious what people use to shine the pipes up on their bike..I have the Harley Bright Chrome Cleaner but it doesnt say you can use it on your pipes. It works great on everything else so if i could use that, that would be great...

Try the turtle wax in the green bottle (liquid wax). It gives the chrome a nice finish without all the scratchiness of the chrome polish.

I use that for the quicky wipe downs and and maybe once a month use the polish.

i use the EAGLE ONE wadding polish works great on any chrome i don't use it every time just once a year or so because any polish is removing metal even though its very very minute your still removing it any outher time i use pledge or plain old soap and water main thing is don't leave your bike sitting all winter without cleaning it if you do you'll have to use a very abrasive polish to get it back looking good keep the pledge handy and give her a good wiping down after every ride ( wait till it cools down ) and chances are you won't need chrome polish very often

I clean my pipes when dirty with normal car wash, then dry everything with a blower.
I clean all my chrome with a lint free cloth and use glass cleaner. Newspaper works good too if you dont have a cloth!
clean and shiney every time

Last edited:
Back