Shining up the pipes....

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Pride913, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Pride913

Pride913 Member

I was curious what people use to shine the pipes up on their bike..I have the Harley Bright Chrome Cleaner but it doesnt say you can use it on your pipes. It works great on everything else so if i could use that, that would be great...

2. airdrie

airdrie Member

Pledge for the regular shine. I have used easyoff when I needed to remove melted rain gear.

3. rhino

rhino Banned

i use turtle wax chrome polish, works good on all the chrome.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Try the turtle wax in the green bottle (liquid wax). It gives the chrome a nice finish without all the scratchiness of the chrome polish.

5. rhino

rhino Banned

I use that for the quicky wipe downs and and maybe once a month use the polish.

6. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

Aresol glass cleaner works great too.

7. 00BUCKSHOT

00BUCKSHOT Junior Member

i use the EAGLE ONE wadding polish works great on any chrome i don't use it every time just once a year or so because any polish is removing metal even though its very very minute your still removing it any outher time i use pledge or plain old soap and water main thing is don't leave your bike sitting all winter without cleaning it if you do you'll have to use a very abrasive polish to get it back looking good keep the pledge handy and give her a good wiping down after every ride ( wait till it cools down ) and chances are you won't need chrome polish very often

8. steveoh62

steveoh62 New Member

+1 on the Turtle Wax Chrome Cleaner.

9. bundy bruiser

bundy bruiser Member

I clean my pipes when dirty with normal car wash, then dry everything with a blower.
    I clean all my chrome with a lint free cloth and use glass cleaner. Newspaper works good too if you dont have a cloth!
    clean and shiney every time

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  10. biscuit

biscuit Junior Member

Plus 2 for Turtle wax.Comes off great and is gentle on all your chrome