free website stats program Shifter Linkage Repair | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shifter Linkage Repair

you can buy a nice one ( the whole shaft and linkage ) off ebay real reasonable

I took PA's advice and found me a really nice Harley Unit called the "Buckshot" on ebay for about 28 bucks including shipping. Going to install it as is for now, may replace the rod ends if not totally pleased but they do not feel very worn.

Attachments

• Buckshot shift linkage.jpg
    Buckshot shift linkage.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 19
h-d uses cheap parts. I don't know any one that has not happen too. I used a rubber band.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took PA's advice and found me a really nice Harley Unit called the "Buckshot" on ebay for about 28 bucks including shipping. Going to install it as is for now, may replace the rod ends if not totally pleased but they do not feel very worn.

Anyone have any advice on what lube would be best to put on the hemi ball part? It's only a two part piece, metal to metal. I would think a grease would attract and hold dirt. I was thinking more like a silicone spray. Knew you guys would have good ideas?

Thanks Jack! I'll be having Thanksgiving over at mom's and dad's tomorrow. He's always has a can lying around someplace.

I may even surprise him and put it back for the first time in 53 years. :D

I knew he would have some!

Attachments

• 3 in one oil.jpg
    3 in one oil.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 8
I knew he would have some!

Any good household tool kit should have some 3 in one oil in it kept my push bike going when I was a wee lad and that was a wee while ago I always have some in the shed along with all the other stuff

Brian

Back