free website stats program Shift lever spline sizes | Harley Davidson Forums

Shift lever spline sizes

lineryder

I would like to extend my heel shifter on my '09 RG for more foot board room but I've heard that the splines on the touring models are different from the other models and I don't want to buy one that will strip the splines. If anyone has purchased one that is 1.5-2" longer than stock please let me know where you got it from. Thanks !

I have the Walters Work Shop extended rear shifter and the splines are a mate for the 05 touring and the 94 ST. I also turned the front shifter arm around and screwed the shift peg in from the other side and it gives room to slide your foot forward as far as you want.

I have the 2.25 over on the toe and heel on my 08 FLHTCU Had them on an 04 as well. No problems with either. Good fit and stands up well.

Thanks ProF that helps a bunch ! Flipping the front lever is pretty clever HDDon. Mattman, which brand did you buy ?

Thanks ProF that helps a bunch ! Flipping the front lever is pretty clever HDDon. Mattman, which brand did you buy ?

I got the ones from Walters Workshop. I had a set of the slotted ones and a set of the solid ones. No difference in performance as far as I could tell. Put 50,000 or so on the 04 have 33,000 on the 08. Had the extended levers on the 04 for 45,000 or so. I wear a size 13 boot. it really gives me a lot more room on the boards.

Back