free website stats program Shift lever needs replacement. :( | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shift lever needs replacement. :(

I got the Better lever yesterday afternoon. It looks well made, out of polished stainless steel.
I'll install it asap.

If you have the time and tools, and to save some money, why not just install the Baker shift lever?
http://www.bakerbackdoor.com/collections/daily-special/products/shift-lever
If I'd known about this first then....Well, maybe.
Any way. I got the primary off the bike. I spent some time studying the Compensator and it looks perfect. The Compensaver is doing its job putting oil in the hub lubing the compensator. There is no fretting any where on the compensator part as well. I finally got the shifter shaft seal out. Man what a pain it was. I'll start putting it back together tomorrow.

Wow! Didnt know you were removing the primary! Most buy this product to shortcut taking the primary off. Keep us posted...

Wow! Didnt know you were removing the primary! Most buy this product to shortcut taking the primary off. Keep us posted...
The leaking Trany shifter shaft seal had something to do with it. I did cut the lever off and remove the snap ring and washer. That's when I got a look at the oil leak. I tried to dig out the seal but it was futile. That's when I set my mind up to remove the primary.

The leaking Trany shifter shaft seal had something to do with it. I did cut the lever off and remove the snap ring and washer. That's when I got a look at the oil leak. I tried to dig out the seal but it was futile. That's when I set my mind up to remove the primary.

Got it, Its always the next thing or while your in there......

Back