free website stats program shifer problems | Harley Davidson Forums

shifer problems

TNfatboy

i have a heel shifter that i do not find helpful at all i would like to remove it but it looks like there wil be a gap on my shifter shaft when i move the toe shifter out. can nyone help?

While I can't help you with your question, I'm surprised you'd want to take it off, I find mine VERY comfortable and easy to use. Are you sure it's adjusted properly for you? I once test rode a bike with a T/H shifter that was not properly set for me. Had this been the first T/H I'd rode I would not have liked the shifter either. Since I was use to mine, I knew the shifter on this test bike simply was not set properly for me. I'd look into adjulsting the angle of the toe and the heel first before pulling it off

hjt

ya the shifter just seems to get in my way i never use it and when i stop all i can think about is getting my boot stuck between them somehow and dropping it!!!!!:(

you can take it off and cap it .. or you can move the front one out and put a spacer behind it thats what i did

Harley DAvidson makes a replacement rear shifter arm that the rear peg part actually folds back out of the way clearing the way for your foot to rest comfortably. Here is HD info on it>>>>>>
Folding Heel Shifter

Give your left foot a little extra room. Folding Heel Shifter permits the rider to move the rear shift peg out of the way when on the open road, while retaining heel/toe shift functionality around town. Positive detent holds the peg in the selected position. Easy to install, the replacement rear lever is chrome-plated, and shaped to match the Original Equipment toe shift lever. Lever accepts stock or accessory shifter peg.

33876-07

Fits '86-later FL Softail® models and '88-later Touring models.

MSRP US $69.95

Harley makes a chrome cap that goes over the top of the spline shaft and looks pretty good for around 14 bucks. You can spend more and get other options but I felt this was fine when I removed mine. Don't get fooled into thinking you need the 30 dollar or more setup. You only need Heel/Toe Shifter Shaft Cover 35471-05

Happy trails

Thanks guys i appreciate all the help i think im goind to go with the spacer. I will be going to get it tomorow!

Back