shields and eye glasses

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by rsbourff, Dec 23, 2011.

1. rsbourff

rsbourff Member

i got a shield for my helmet today and i noticed when looking through it, my vision was effected. i wear glasses and was wondering if it may had been just the shield of has anyone else who wears glasses had a problem looking through a shield while wearing glasses.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

A lot (most?) helmet shields are not made of optically correct material. There's waves and such that cause slight distortion. I had polarized lenses on a pair of glasses that turned my windshield into a kaleidoscope of colors and dots.

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Yes, like Breeze states, polarized + shield = lots of crazy distortion. I just got used to it over time...

4. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

In a bug free environment I'd choose googles over a shield anyday. But as of yet I have not found any googles that would fit over my glasses and still be able to ride without being arrested for an alien.

5. rsbourff

rsbourff Member

ok, really appreciated the response. Glad to know that its not just me. will try to adjust to the view, because it really makes alot of different when riding when the temp is cold. thanks