free website stats program She's Finally Home | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

She's Finally Home

Drew that's a gorgeous bike, congrats. The more I see and read about the RK Classic the closer I get to wanting one instead of the Fatboy. I really like those bars on a King. Nice looking ride.

Drew that's a gorgeous bike, congrats. The more I see and read about the RK Classic the closer I get to wanting one instead of the Fatboy. I really like those bars on a King. Nice looking ride.

...and the more I ride it, the more I'm glad that's the bike I chose! I've never ridden a fatboy, but the King continues to impress me as I get more miles on it. The thing thus far that has really "wowed" me is how stable it is on the freeway, and what great acceleration it has. It is one powerful bike!

Good luck in your decision... the test rides during the decision making process is one of the best parts!

regards
Drew

Re: She's Finally Home--UPDATE

I'm coming up on 700 miles on the bike, and just continue to be impressed with the controllable power. My confidence riding this bike on the highway is exponentially higher than my previous bike. Part of that is that I just have more experience and miles under my belt, but the power and weight of this bike is most definitely a contributing factor as well.

I took the windshield off yesterday for the first time... love it when riding locally, but it really beats you up when on the highway, so back on it goes...one never knows when one may end up on the highway during a ride, does one?. I get some buffeting with the windshield on, but it beats not having it on.

Similarly, I am finding the sitting "on" the bike as opposed to "in" something like the softail is not a deterring factor. I feel the slightly higher seating position might provide a better vantage point and overall view of the road... IMO, at least.

Ride safe
Drew

Back