free website stats program She's Finally Home | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

She's Finally Home

Congrats! I was all set to buy the RK but was distracted by the 09 Street Glide. Picked her up today and fortunately I had me about a 60 mile ride home. This bike handles incredibly well for a tourer. FYI I'm originally from Chicago and would love to tour LSD on this bad boy. Good luck and ride safe!

Got my new one home (FLHX) last weekend but it rain up till Sat. So between
Sat and Sun. put 150 miles on her. Soon as I figure how to post pics I will.

Beautiful bike Drew, I know you will enjoy it. Really like the color, I'm kind of partial to that flame blue pearl myself. :D

:USA

Update

I've ridden her maybe 5 times, have about 260 miles on her. The power is amazing... it's very controllable power, but that deep throaty rumble is just awesome. Great acceleration, but again, never feels like she's gonna get away from me. Amazing how much more comfortable I feel on the highway with the RK than my previous sporty. The power, extra weight, and sixth gear make a BIG difference... not to mention that I am physically more comfortable on the RK (I was always a little cramped on the sporty). Already had to use the ABS... some woman pulled out right in front of me. I actually saw her, and kind of knew that it would happen, so I was in the process of slowing down anyway, but she gunned it right at me. I was only going about 25mph, but stopped on a dime.

The biggest change from the sporty is the slow speed stuff... but that ain't that difficult either. I am VERY happy with my choice.

Snowing in Chicago right now... can you believe it?

best
Drew

Re: Update

Just wondering if you were riding on LSD last week. I took 41 down (out of Fond du lac) to Sheridan road and all the way to South LSD. What a great cruise! I know I passed a blue RK. I'm guessing you either live in Waukegan or Skokie? Anyhoo, I know what you mean. I never felt comfortable at speed on the Sporty. The sixth gear and extra weight do make for a nicer ride. And btw, we got about 2 inches of snow on Saturday. I'm just hoping for 40's and no rain. I'll be taking the same route right after Easter (going to see my Gram on SouthSide). See ya riding!

Re: Update

Just wondering if you were riding on LSD last week. I took 41 down (out of Fond du lac) to Sheridan road and all the way to South LSD. What a great cruise! I know I passed a blue RK. I'm guessing you either live in Waukegan or Skokie? Anyhoo, I know what you mean. I never felt comfortable at speed on the Sporty. The sixth gear and extra weight do make for a nicer ride. And btw, we got about 2 inches of snow on Saturday. I'm just hoping for 40's and no rain. I'll be taking the same route right after Easter (going to see my Gram on SouthSide). See ya riding!

I live in a town called Glencoe. Wasn't me on LSD... this time. I wear a yellow helmet. I'm planning on heading up to Milwaukee soon to ride with a friend who works for Harley... he knows a lot of good roads up there.

I took advantage of this fine Chicago weather to pick up my new ride... put a solid 70 miles of local riding on her... what a great machine!

2009 FLHRC with ABS; heritage handlebars

Drew, nice bike...be my first choice for new iron to ride any long distance :newsmile090:

BTW how tall are you that the Sporty was a little cramped, just curious...

Drew, nice bike...be my first choice for new iron to ride any long distance :newsmile090:

BTW how tall are you that the Sporty was a little cramped, just curious...

I know there are people taller/bigger than me who feel very comfortable on an XL... for me, I just always felt myself wanting to sit back further... sometimes I would get myself on the passenger pillion.

I am only 6'1", 32+ inch inseam. I didn't dwarf the thing, but just feel more secure on the RK. Even with the forward controls on the XL, my knees were still above the gas tank.

Back