free website stats program She spoke to me...trying to ignore | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

She spoke to me...trying to ignore

Try not to complicate your decision by over thinking it. Yes money is important but happiness is priceless. You will be spending large $$$$ so be sure to lean towards the color you are going to enjoy for a long time. Especally because all the additional saddle time you will be spending in RGU you want a nice color to look at...............:s

Well......thought I would share my update.

I went in Saturday, took the ride again, ran the numbers, worked the trade, got the cost for Cat cut outs. In Texas, the dealer can still do it ( didnt know that). No other add-ons. Ya'll would have saved me about 3k.

My sales guy, a friend, was acting a little stand-offish......giving me a third eye look, like I had one. Momma still had her grin, but not beaming. My sales guy fianlly asked me......You aren't in to this are you? You like the bike, but you arent crazy about it yet. Momma told me: I can tell, its not in your heart is it. Sales guy, told me.......dont do it, walk away, come back when you love it. A million lbs off my shoulders. He'll have my future sales forever.

One kid getting married, the other has college coming and I love my RKC. Yep, it would have been nice, but no debt is nicer. I can still jump on the RKC and run 500 miles with great confidence. I'll slap a better seat on her and maybe a tour pack.......everyone happy.

Maybe later.......my heart just isnt in it right now. Again, THANK YOU for your great input...and subtle arm twists (ha). I'll write this off as a life lesson.

For now.......The Road King Rules:D

Good to see you listened to your inner self (and congrats to your salesman friend). I know a guy that has new cars and Harleys every other year (him and wife). They are very pretty, but he can't afford to take road trips with the rest of us because of his payments and Ins.

Whoa! You sure have self control and a ton of common sense! Great decision. I will say that when I decided on going ahead with the purchase of my Street Glide, I had no doubts, second thoughts, or regrets. That's the way it should be. I don't believe in going in debt, especially for something fun. At least not in this tough economy. I had saved up enough to pay cash for mine, which still made me ouch a little bit to say good-bye to that cash, but I'm happy and when you do go on and get another bike, my hope is that you will feel the same way. Congratulations on being smart and having a great salesman!
Oh, and I realize that not everyone is able to save and buy like I did. I am blessed with a good job. It just works for me. I also don't feel like we need to wait to get something we want either, if we can make it work sensibly. We don't know what tomorrow brings, so live each day to the fullest (and be wise).

Good on you, tho you know 1 will speak to you again, and then you will be ready:s

Superb self control in being able to walk away
I have only once borrowed money to buy a bike that was in 1980 and i lived like a monk for 18 months till i had gathered sufficient funds to clear the debt
I earn enough to live off and my army pension if saved for a few years keeps me able to buy a used bike or car when the urge gets me but i would have to save for a long time to get something new

Brian

Back