free website stats program Shark Helmets are sucks! | Harley Davidson Forums

Shark Helmets are sucks!

Hi All...
I bought 2 (two) Shark Helmets S400 in November 2007 from Singapore.

In the beginning, the Helmets are in good condition and I and my wife feel safe wearing Sharks Helmets while riding, but currently there some damages on those two Helmet’s Shield and we are not satisfied.

There was lot of spots (not scratch) on the Shield and cannot be removed, even using cleaner liquid like alcohol or thinner.
I believe those all spots are coming from sticker glue that covered at the Helmet’s Shield surfaces. The spots appear after we did riding at rain condition. Now, we are not comfort riding wear those helmets with current damages condition.

I tried to complain to them by email several times, but no respond at all.
So... Shark Helmet product really not as good as advertised.

Please somebody give me suggestions due to my problem..
Thanks!

Thank you.
Luki.-
'07 XL1200N

as it is only the shield (visor) of the helmet i would not be concerned about the actual helmet as this will be fine unless it has been dropped.
Go to Shark and purchase a new Shield(visor) and you will be good to go.

Thanks Hobbit.
I tried to get a new replacement shield, unfortunately they (Shark) not responding and I don't know where is Shark's Dealer near around me.

Believe me, those helmets are fine at beginning and also never been dropped. I always take care it carefully.

Please see picture below for your reference.
Thanks.

photo

Picasa Web Albums - Luki W. Loeksmanto - Shark Helmets...

Last edited:
The shield in the third pic from the left on the top row looks as if it was scratched when removing the sticker glue. There are a lot of what appears to be scratches there. Is it a possibility that there was something in the cloth used to clean them that did the damage?

I can see the outline of something that was covering the shield but is this what you are talking about or the scratches in the shield itself?

IMG_1019.jpg

The shield in the third pic from the left on the top row looks as if it was scratched when removing the sticker glue. There are a lot of what appears to be scratches there. Is it a possibility that there was something in the cloth used to clean them that did the damage?

I can see the outline of something that was covering the shield but is this what you are talking about or the scratches in the shield itself?

No.... not the scratches that I talking about...
The scratches are coming after I tried to clean it up outlines with any kind of cleaner liquid, finally I got mad and start to using scrub.. :49:
So, right now the shield are become a "dark smoked" shield... because I already burn it up :D

Back