free website stats program shaking under hard acceleration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

shaking under hard acceleration

On reading the info in Jack's link the crane HI4 requires a voes to be fitted

Brian

thanks for the troubleshooting guide = guess i better find that VOES i took off or get a new one ordered. i honestly thought it was un-needed. damn rookie i am LOL. thanks again.

i have possibly come to this a little late
im assuming you have ridden passed the 1st 3 gears and got it into top gear and released pressure on the bars to see if the front end flaps about?
although the tyres may be new they might be deformed (i know !!!!!) only showed under accel and cornering right (not good in the UK for round a bouts) turned out the carcass was made wrong and this was a brand new tyre from the MOCO.
also are all the bushes and head bearings good, and the fall away set correctly, only times I've had shaking from accel is when the front goes light as all the weight is transferred and the bike goes into a tank slapper my 06' 1200 sporty with apes and slammed suspension and my my 09 street bob would do similar under very hard accel without wheeling ;), also check your geometry you don't say if your chop is soft or hard tail (assuming hard) so your front end geometry may be askew

Back