free website stats program Shaking at idle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shaking at idle

I am sure others will chime in but I am a believer in Factory Stock.. especially if the bike is Factory Stock. But that's just an opinion of mine.

I would also look real close at those motor mounts like Glider said earlier.

I can't imagine the problem is too deep.

Use the HD brand plugs so you don't set any codes.

It sounds like you got gas that wasn't the usual octane or type (possibly leaded from what you posted)and that could be the cause of the 02 sensors causing a problem. You failed to mention that in your original post. Always give the information in the first post if you expect an accurate answer to the question.

2100 miles on bike. Always run in and around Houston so it should be used to the heat by now.
You know that ain't no high dollar Black Stallion ya got there fella..........it ain't even from Italy. I'd put a couple tankso' Premium Gas through it and see if it settels down. What's the worst that could happen? It'll either get worse and then the Dealer will have to do something or it'll go away and ya won't never "test" things on yer Scoot again......right? Hope ya didn't tell the Dealer about your "test", he could get downright nasty with ya.

Leaded fuel could be the cause of the cat meltdown/fire on the Ferrari mentioned too.

I put it in the bike to see if this was the cause of the cat failure on the Ferrari.
DEFINATELY NOT a good move. If you suspected water in the tank of the car, would you put that fuel in your bike to see if you had a problem too? :newsmile030::small3d015:

Last edited:
Sure could, and I'll bet murgas1 could too.

Ironic that this post about fuel was started by a member with the name murgas. :D

Use the HD brand plugs so you don't set any codes.

It sounds like you got gas that wasn't the usual octane or type (possibly leaded from what you posted)and that could be the cause of the 02 sensors causing a problem. You failed to mention that in your original post. Always give the information in the first post if you expect an accurate answer to the question.
=========================================================
How could using non harley plugs set a code?

Back