free website stats program shakey right side handlebar | Harley Davidson Forums

shakey right side handlebar

Hello all, '08 ultra always shook a little at stops if I let go of the bars but it seems more pronounced now, right side handlebar shakes pretty violently. I thought I heard some folks say that there is a bracket under fairing that tends to break-would this be a fairing bracket unrelated to the handle bars or do the rubber grommets under the handlebar clamps tend to break? Just seems to be worse vibration on the right side. Any ideas out there? Checked the motormounts torque-OK. Thanks, pipefittin' reefer

rubber mounted engines shake harder than the old solid mounts at idle or when you pull in the clutch rolling to a stop. it's because the mounts allow the motor to move unlike the solid mounts. this isn;t problem with any RPM only an idle thing.

My '08 FLHT does the same thing......has since new. 14,000+ miles later, nothing loose or broken, as far as I know.

My '08 Ultra has been doing it since new. Now I have 31,000 miles on it with no change. Nothing has shaken loose or fallen off. It is very smooth above idle though.

Thanks for the reply everyone. I will not be too concerned now, someday I'll pull it apart to install speakers or something and check the bolts Glider mentioned.Seems OK as it's not getting worse. I have found loose nuts and bolts all over the bike as I check but never pulled the fairing yet.

my 08 ultra did same thing, took fairing off three brackets were broke. there is a upgrade for these. mine was under warrenty.

Back