free website stats program SG Still too high? | Harley Davidson Forums

SG Still too high?

mwescoat

I have a '07 SG, I put a Sundowner seat on, but I'm still not flat footed when I stop. I didn't like the reach seat and it didn't feel any different then the Sundowner. I'm about 5'5" with a 28 inseam, any suggestions?

These should work... Just kidding. Lower the front forks might work, but I like Smitty's suggestion. Have fun and ride safe.

platformboots.jpg

These should work... Just kidding. Lower the front forks might work, but I like Smitty's suggestion. Have fun and ride safe.

platformboots.jpg
those might get you picked on a bit at the rallys....lol:57:
actually i used the lowering kit from harley for the forks on my street glide. it is wonderfull. between the lower kit, the badlander seat, added type e forkoil(spectro), it solved that prollem for me. im nearly flat footed. i am 5'5". now i can manuver the bike much better.

I'm thinking about ordering the boots, do they come in Harley colors? But then I would have to lower my floor boards. If I lowered the front, would I have to do anything with the shocks?

I just lowered mine. I got rid of the rear air shocks and went with the progressive kit front and back. I was almost flat footed but added a 21 inch front wheel. I am now not only flat footed but have some extra room to go, very comfortable and it rides great.

I just lowered mine. I got rid of the rear air shocks and went with the progressive kit front and back. I was almost flat footed but added a 21 inch front wheel. I am now not only flat footed but have some extra room to go, very comfortable and it rides great.

DadzLowrider has the right idea...sometimes the "One Size Fits All" form most HD rides come stock with DOESN"T...the "standard rider" form probably fits the 5' 10" and 190 lbs mold...modern man is growing on average 1" every 50 years (more widthwise probably), so sometimes the stock height front & back needs to be adjusted. Generally speaking, changing the seat profile and rotating the bars towards you a bit will help, so do what is economically the most prudent...lowering kit is rather drastic and costs about $300, shocks (rear) $350 (Progressive), fork lowering kit $175 (Progressive) and seat about $300 on up. Shop around and see which one (or more) works for you. Prices on Ebay, CraigsList and other websites will be less, but deals are spotty...happy hunting! :bigsmiley28:

Back