free website stats program Several exhaust questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Several exhaust questions

I have a 02 rk fi with screaming eagle exhaust and screaming eagle air cleaner. I just put on fullsac true dual kit. Now the bike is to loud. The screaming eagle mufflers are the older ones with the baffles tac welded in. Any suggestions on which mufflers to use to quiet it down or can these be rebaffled? Not looking to spend $400 for new slip ons. Brother has stock mufflers off a 95 rk 80cc motor. Pipes look the same inside, would these work or would they defeat the purpose of stage 1. Thank you for all the advise and replies. BIG D

I like kerker pipes slip ons got mine used 130.00 forum member nice rumble at idle relative quite cruising nice bark w/ u get on throttle. dont want to spend the big bucks buy used..

True duals will breathe much better than the stock head pipe and will make the left pipe quite a bit louder. Personally, I wouldn't use another stock slip-on as I feel it would defeat the purpose of the stage 1 and the true duals. Stockers just don't breathe very well.....that's why they're the first thing to go on almost every stock bike. There are lots of good slip-ons out there. Personally, I'd check out SuperTrapp's exposed disk slip-ons, they're tunable and quiet but they are kind of spendy. Look around, do your homework and you'll get some pretty good advice here as well.

thanks thats what i was kinda thinking about stock pipes im just worried about buying new or used pipes and them being to loud also Big D

I really like my Screaming Eagle Fatshotz slip-ons. A little louder than stock, but not so loud as to get me kicked out of the trailer park !:)

Back