free website stats program setting for TFI Gen 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

setting for TFI Gen 3

chief9042

Ok, Here is my next question. I ordered a TFI Gen 3 for my 10 LTD. Does anyone have a very good starting point with the six modes? I am putting on a SE A/C, V&H Monster Ovals, and V&H Power Duals. Thanks in advance.

Ok, Here is my next question. I ordered a TFI Gen 3 for my 10 LTD. Does anyone have a very good starting point with the six modes? I am putting on a SE A/C, V&H Monster Ovals, and V&H Power Duals. Thanks in advance.

chief9042,

Might I suggest you go to the manufactures Forum Here on HDT and ASK the TFI people Directly,,,,You will get the RIGHT answers..

Look in the middle of the Home Page... You will see the TFI questions and answers,, Post there.

YEP!

chief9042,

Might I suggest you go to the manufactures Forum Here on HDT and ASK the TFI people Directly,,,,You will get the RIGHT answers..

Look in the middle of the Home Page... You will see the TFI questions and answers,, Post there.

YEP!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOPS!!!!!!!!!! sorry I didn't Look at the Proper Place You DID post this...

MY BAD!

Last edited by a moderator:
chief9042,

The Gen3 controllers come pre-programmed for a good starting position. For your 2010 Touring controller the settings should be:
GRN: 3.5, YEL: 2, RED: 2, GB: 8, YB: 4, RB: 4.5

From there we may need to do some fine tuning of the first three modes which are the fueling modes. We always recommend to just install the unit and go for a test ride and see what you notice.

You should easily notice a difference in the way the bike performs, but if you have any stumbles, surges, or excessive popping then we can always further assist you with the tuning.

Would these settings be the same using a GEN3 with K&N RK3930 and Rush slip ons w/2.5 baffles...Thanks'

i8mich,

Yes, the recommended base settings will be pretty close for you. With the larger baffle size though you may want to reduce YEL down to 1.5.

Thanks for your reply...One more question, my gen3 came pre-programmed like your reply in this thread except the GB: setting, mine is set to GB: 2 and in your reply you have it at GB:8...I just want to be sure in case I have to adjust latter...Thanks' again for your help

i8mich,

What label do you have on your GEN3 controller?

We would suspect you have a controller where the GB mode is for Decel fueling which in that case 2 or even a little lower is the recommended value. Settings stated above were for an EJK GEN3 where the GB mode is an idle fueling RPM switch point.

**VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION**

All GEN2 controllers ARE CREATED EQUAL. The TFI, DFO, Wild Things, etc...all have the exact same code and are just labeled different. Base settings can be consistent.

All GEN3 controllers ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL. We have worked with a number of other companies who write their own code. Base settings can be a little different between the different labels.

I think I better give the whole story...I purchased my GEN3 from Dobeck it is the EJK GEN3 it is on a 2010 Road king, When it arrived there were no instructions with it so I called the support number and talked to Chris he said to use the instructions for part #1640.ST. I also asked about the O2 sensors because the instructions for 1640.ST show a plug that did not come with my kit, he said to just unplug the O2 sensor's. He also said to use the settings that came pre-programmed for a stock setup and then use the settings shown in the 1640.ST instructions for a Stage 1. This is what its at right now GRN: 3.5, YEL: 2, RED: 2, GB: 2, YB: 4, RB: 4.5...I am installing a K&N RK3930 air assembly and Rush slipons with 2.5 baffles...Once I complete the Stage 1 install should I change my settings to what you have stated above or use the settings for stage 1 on instruction 1640.ST...Thanks'

You may want to reconsider the 2 1/2" baffles on that bike. The pipes are 1 3/4" and the 2 1/2" baffles would reduce the backpressure needed to run best even with the cat in the head pipe.

Back