free website stats program service warrantly... waste of dough orrr? | Harley Davidson Forums

service warrantly... waste of dough orrr?

Baggh

Hey guys,

As I mentioned I purchased my '08 XB12S this past Friday. I went ahead and got Harley's 3 year service agreement (comes with a 2 year wheel to wheel parts warranty). I am usually leary of purchasing service agreements\warranties on these things but... well... this is the first time purchasing a brand new bike so I wanted to ensure I took care of it to factory specs\ timelines.

service agreement= take the bike in for its 1k service... 5k... then every 5 k thereafter for 3 years. worth it?

So what do you guys think? Good thing I paid for the service agreement or waste of money... did I get taken?

good... glad I got it then. Yep... these things are insane... the engineering is incredible. I cannot believe so much power can ride soooo silky smooth.

Thats the best way I can describe what it's like hitting the pavement with this thing.... silky smooth furocious power.

Fri evening I was on my way home... got in the fast lane to pass a few cars... I was going about 70~ish. Some idiot in a mega hurry comes roaring behind me. I get on the throttle a bit to get by the cars I was passing and let this chode get around me. in a snap I was past the cars, I glanced down at my speedo... 100 mph like *that*. I didn't even feel it. I mean.. I felt the bike go into warp speed but I didn't get thrown around and buffeted by the wind and overall bike movement like I used to on my Sporty. I used to feel like I was getting caught up in a hurricane going about 75 on my Sporty.

I didn't plan on going that fast and dont plan on doing it in the future... much :) but wow its nice to know its there when you need it... or want to clean the pipes out a bit :)

ahaha... yep... 5th gear. Crazy thing is I didn't really get on it. I was already in 5th... gave it a bit more gas and she was off and running. No downshifting needed for added ummph. twist and go.

I could just imagine what would have happened if I would have intentially wanted to fly by downshifting and really getting on it.

these things are amazing... in function and appearance.

Back