Service Prices at Different Dealers?

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by muttlange, Jul 17, 2008.

1. muttlange

muttlange Member

Whats up With all the Different Prices @ the Dealships? Example 2500 mile Service.
    Ray Price Harley Davidson $219.00 Plus price difference for Synthetic oil.
    Sheltons Harley Davidson $130.00 includes Synthetic
    Colliers Harley Davidson $100.00 includes Synthetic

All these Shops Are in North Carolina

God Bless
    Daniel

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Maybe give them a call and see exactly what they are doing for that price ( it should be the same from dealer to dealer). It's a wide variance in prices but then again we know how some dealers do the service. I suggest to do it yourself and get the factory manual for the specs on fasteners etc.

3. Butch

Butch Active Member

I'm thinking Overhead.
    They gotta pay for those shinny new buildings some how.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

I think it's greed myself. The MOCO will not give the allotment of bikes to a dealer that isn't up to date on the business end as far as boutique and property so there shouldn't really be a difference in service prices above the variance in the hourly labor rates.

5. lannyw

lannyw Member

I'm a little confused here, wait I'm always confused. but I just purchased an 08 Ultra I've not called my stealer yet to confirm, but I was under the impression that there wasn't a 2500 mile service, only 1K, 5K, etc.

Or am I missing something???

As far as the price of the service I know my stealer stated they had the cheapest labor rates around. I know when they did my 1K service they charged me 2 hours labor, so maybe that is the reason for the price differance?

6. muttlange

muttlange Member

I've got an 08 Deluxe and they Serviced ME at 500 miles Then I go 2500, 5000, and 7500, and 10,000. The Dealer Ray PRICE charges $75.00 per hour.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Not missing anything at all. There is no 2500 mile service that I have ever seen other than a dealer or two making one obviously for keeping your bike in tip top condition :D
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V

And their pockets full too.:lolrolling

8. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

What I can't "wrap my mind around" is that your dealer -- Colliers is ONLY charging 100 bucks to do a complete (2500 m.) service!!? I had my 1 k service done and it cost me tax & all $ 248.00 !! 2 1/2 hours labor @ $60 , $13.95 for a oil filter , $9.95 a quart for the Syn 3 . What does your 2500 m. service include???

9. lannyw

lannyw Member

So So true, Glider. Called my dealer to make sure, after I posted my comment. He stated in around about way the same thing you stated. Money money money.

Later

10. Old Shadow

Old Shadow Member

My initial service was at 1000 miles and than every 5,000. I'm at 7,428 so 5,000 is accomplished and 10,000 is next. Agree with Glider.