free website stats program Service Manual | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Service Manual

I have the Genuine Factory manuals (3) and yes they are good. But in all honesty the Clymer is not too shabby at all. At a matter of fact, it has a LOT of extra information in it that the Genuine does not have. And it is not because a "true wrench" should know that info. In some areas, the detail is so much greater.

I really would have to say stack them and get both. As a team they really have you covered. The only problem is Clymer does not have every year specific model available.

The best info for anyone that can do it is to get the parts manual for their bike too. MUCHO good information in there too.

The HD Service Manual is pretty good, but at $65 MSRP, with items missing included in the other 2 manuals, the Parts Manual (all the exploded diagrams and part numbers) and the Electrical Diagnostics Manual (electrical flow charts and DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes)...which is why the Clymer is pretty good, combining the best of all three, for about $40 and it DOES include a color coded schematic diagram which makes tracing wires easy.

As you may have guessed I "invested" in all of 'em so I have to say I use the HD Service Manual and the Clymer manual the most. The HD Service Manual for most of the home service, and the Clymer manual when on the road. Just works for me...

If you want an alternative, there are CD's and E-books

Independent-Cycles, Motorcycle Service & Repair Manuals on CD-Rom

Documents / eBooks: DOWNLOAD: Harley

Last edited:
Back