Service Manual

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by GimmeFuel, Oct 29, 2010.

1. GimmeFuel

GimmeFuel Member

What do you folks think of the Clymer service manuals as a guide for 'do it yourself' maintenance? If not, what would you recommend?

2. trike lady

trike lady Junior Member

I use Clymer service manuals as a back up just in case I cannot get a Factory manual.
    I prefer to use Factory Service & Parts Manuals for any type of work on a bike. Better photos and better directions in the factory manuals.

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Money better spent is for the factory HD manuals.

4. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

I think you'll find the majority will confirm the Factory manuals are the best way to go. I've had Clymer and Haynes manuals and they always seem to leave me needing more info.

5. GimmeFuel

GimmeFuel Member

Where can I go online to find the factory manuals? I need that should seem simple, but I did a search and it didn't yield anything.

6. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I have both harley and clymer service manuals for my bikes and prefer to use the clymer
    so far i have not found them missing any info and in some cases has better info than the harley manual
    forget about the haynes manuals as they have forgot how to write a good manual

any harley dealer should be able to supply the service manual for your bike

Brian

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Zanotti and Chicago HD are two of the lowest priced, best stocked on line dealers. Go to their website and search for the manual you want. You can find some on ebay also.

8. bikerfishman

bikerfishman Active Member

2 thumbs up on zanottis and buy the factory manual the after market manuals are nowhere near as useful, I found one for my bike a 2008 at a swap meet for 20 bucks, still smiling about that one:D:D:D

9. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

Most dealers are having black friday specials, you can probably get the manual for 20% off

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

Check out Zanotti.com.

Usually get the best price around.