service manual alternative

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by fabrozor, Mar 12, 2010.

1. fabrozor

fabrozor Active Member

Hi,
    I have a 2005 FLHTI (electra standard)
    i have to opportunity to get a 2003 or 2006 service manual.
    Which of 2003 or 2006 service manual would better fit a 2005 bike ?
    (i know the best would be a 2005 service manual)

2. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

Id say 2006 s/m. both would be 88ci. But fi. may have changed

3. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

I would probably go with the 03, in 06 harley switched to dot 4 brake fluid, New Single Piece 46 mm Throttle Body with New fuel injectors and a few other upgrades, but both manuals would be close. Like you said the 2005 would be best, you might look on line for a manual in pdf.

4. fabrozor

fabrozor Active Member

Thank you Ultrat, Thank you Chopper.

I already have the .pdf service manual ;-) but, i need the service manual to work on my bike which is physicaly in a garage, far from my computer.
    There are too many pages to print so i'd like to find a paper version of the s/m.

5. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

Now i use my laptop & wifi in house & garage...A thought,,,,,

6. CalgaryBikeBum

CalgaryBikeBum Active Member

Just my two cents but....... Buy the right manual for the year you have. I hate to date myself but...back in 1978 when I had a 77 lowrider and my buddy had 78 superglide he borrowed my manual with bad results. That was the year that harley changed around the transmission end cover (where we used to install a kicker). Friend missed a snap ring that had been added. Just kept turning that old puller until the pressure was great enough for the snap ring to let go...drove that shaft right through his case??? Voice of experience. Get the right manual. :)

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I agree. There could be several small changes that look harmless but will take you down the wrong path. Especially wiring diagrams and wire colors. I would buy the real deal.

8. Notmypost

Notmypost New Member

Can't just print the pages you need at the time??? Print copies just get buggered up anyway...

9. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

I have a 2005 Electra Glide Standard. I looked at a lot of Service Manuals, but the HD Service Manual was the best route to go. The HD service manual just seemed to be more detail. Maybe to much in some cases. I purchased mine online. Got a better deal. I have 56k on my 05 now. Same color as yours chopper blue.