free website stats program Service in East Dallas | Harley Davidson Forums

Service in East Dallas

gtexas

Banned
My 06 FXDBI just turned over 10,000 miles and I wanted to get the 10k service done. It is out of warranty so I dont have to take it to the dealer for service. Any have a recommendation for a trustworthy mechanic/shop to take it too? A place just opened up in Garland on Forest Lane called Cowboy cycles but I dont know anything about them. How much will that service cost? I was told by a friend the the HD dealer will be close to $400.

Haven't heard of em....Yes your service will be at or above $400 at the dealer:newsmile030:...now if you want to you could change the oils yourself, :newsmile075: then take it in for them to do the rest. I'm not sure what it will cost, but I have heard it is around $200-300 cheaper. I don't really know of any place around the metroplex, as I use to just take it to the dealer for everything (Longhorn HD, Texas HD, & Fort Worth HD). Now I try to do everything myself, of course with the help of a friend, the service manual, and this website.:D IMO the local dealers around here are not very good, as I have had issues with the 3 dealers I have taken it too. I have taken my scoot to Bikers Bay in Bedford for a tire change, but, not sure on the cost of a 10000 mi service there.

Back