free website stats program Service History | Harley Davidson Forums

Service History

DavidH89

Can anyone tell me how to check on the service history of my Harley. Bought it second hand a short while ago and now want to check and see when its due its next service and see what work, if any has been done to it in the past.

I know the previous owner so am happy that it hasn't been thrashed. Is there such a thing as a service book for a Harley like one would find with a car? I live in Ireland if that makes any difference.

I tried to do this with my HD dealer. They had records of service but it was difficult to correctly correlate with HD suggested service per the owner's manual mileage intervals.

They had put in incorrect mileage and failed to put in adeqate discriptions of actions they had accomplished as listed in the owner's manual service requirements. Bottom line, they were sloppy to say the least. At least I had some of the periodic service documented in my owner's manual and they agreed to sign off on several they had not documented.

Thanks to this site I'm now doing a lot of the periodic stuff myself.:D

I forward my service to the dealer I purchased from and they enter it for me,they don't charge me to do this and I figure that if I can pull all records from the HD it will be a selling feature in the future,so ask your dealer if they will do this for you

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. The HD dealer rang me today with full service details. Turns out bike is now overdue a service. Thanks again.

Back