free website stats program service advice | Harley Davidson Forums

service advice

I have been looking around for awhile about what everyone recommends for fluids and to be honest, I am confused.
For the help of a lubri-rookie I am looking for some advice.
I need to know what is a good transmission and primary lube for an 07 street glide.
I changed the oil ( ams oil full synthetic) and need to service the others but have no idea what is the best to use. I have looked in the help section and for a rookie its very confusing. perhaps a rookie section is needed?
Thanks in advance for the help. what do you reccomend?

this is what i run in my 08 RKC

Engine Mobile one V-twin
6 speed trans ... Spectro 6 speed
Primary Spectro primary chaincase..

Reason it can be so confusing is there are many opinions some right some wrong some just right .. but how do you decide? what might be right for me might be wrong for you .. do soem reading and make your best choice

Thanks for the link. I will try the spectro in the trans and use the HD in the primary. I looked for Mobil 1 V twin and couldnt find it. I ended up using ams oil.

Thanks for the link. I will try the spectro in the trans and use the HD in the primary. I looked for Mobil 1 V twin and couldnt find it. I ended up using ams oil.

If you can't find Mobil One, Spectro makes a good, full synthetic motor oil for V Twins that should be available where you're getting the Spectro transmission fluid.

If you can't find Mobil One, Spectro makes a good, full synthetic motor oil for V Twins that should be available where you're getting the Spectro transmission fluid.

the funny thing is my local spectro dealer is a Honda shop. That should be an interesting conversation.
I looked at Walmart and didnt see it. I was at 4 different places and nobody had it. I buy my oil filters at Walmart.

the funny thing is my local spectro dealer is a Honda shop. That should be an interesting conversation.
I looked at Walmart and didnt see it. I was at 4 different places and nobody had it. I buy my oil filters at Walmart.

Good choice on oils...dubious on the oil filters at Walmart...stick with the HD recommended oil filter, chrome or black is a much better choice.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/oil/1759-oil_filter_poll.html

215 for HD OEM filter verses 100 spread over at least 9 other brands...our readers have a clear winner... :newsmile090:

North-End cycle in Elkhart Ind. is also a Honda dealer,they have no need to carry Spectro Platinum for 6spd. But I went in and they were only too happy to order it for me and gave me a courtesy call here at home in Ontario when it came in.:D

Back