free website stats program Serial data | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Serial data

Another question. In the schematic I see a "data link connector". Is this related to the serial data? It's [91A] on the schematic. Has 4 "wires?" I have been searching the help files but thus far haven't found anything.

That's for the dealer to use.

Thanks glider. I'll leave it alone. Just trying to understand all the do-dads on my new ride.

Thanks glider. I'll leave it alone. Just trying to understand all the do-dads on my new ride.

No need to leave anything that you question alone. If questions aren't asked, we might have to log off and do something around the house (or job).:small3d031: I learn more by reading questions that never came to mind, than questions I ask (LOTS more).

No need to leave anything that you question alone. If questions aren't asked, we might have to log off and do something around the house (or job).:small3d031: I learn more by reading questions that never came to mind, than questions I ask (LOTS more).
Me too, Breeze. I spend more time reading here than asking, although I have many questions that I can always get good answers to. By "leave it alone" I mean I won't do anything with that connection until I learn more about it. Is that where the dealer connects the digital diagnostics technician? The name of it would suggest that. Besides, I don't want to have to do anything around the house right now.

Another question. In the schematic I see a "data link connector". Is this related to the serial data? It's [91A] on the schematic. Has 4 "wires?" I have been searching the help files but thus far haven't found anything.

Yes the data link connector is where your mechanic will connect a computer or possibly a code reader to diagnose problems or even to upload programming if you're setting any new parameter.

This is what it looks like, on the softail it could be in the panel in front of the rear tire accessible by removing the bolts at the bottom and sliding the panel out.

Attachments

• Accessory connector.jpg
    Accessory connector.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 20
This is what it looks like, on the softail it could be in the panel in front of the rear tire accessible by removing the bolts at the bottom and sliding the panel out.
Thank you, glider. Now that I know what it looks like I can find it easily. Thanks again to everyone else for the help. I actually feel smarter now :bigsmiley8:

Back