free website stats program September Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

September Ride

oldhippie

Well, I had my ride all planned out. I was leaving Sunday for Gaslight HD in Morden to check out the "Test Our Metal" and then maybe head over to Warroad, MN and enter back into Canada around Baudette, MN...
Got all loaded up Sunday morn and headed out. Changed my plans before I even left the driveway. Drove straight to Thunder Bay, Ont. yesterday and then to Sault Ste. Marie today.

Sunday was nice riding but today totally soaked me. Had maybe 1/2 hr without rain. Found out my rain suit isn't so rain proof and my gloves not so water resistant.

I'll see where I head to tomorrow.. Sorta planned on heading to Port Dover, but if the weather stays lousy that'll probably change.

Pics will have to wait 'til I get home. Could've had lots of pics if it didn't rain so much.

that north side of lake superior is a nice ride. how is the construction? I thought they were making it a 4 lane hwy.

Hot and sunny south of Barrie 33*celcius tomorrow and only a chance of rain wed. If you come this way shoot me a pm and we can ride to Dover together.

that north side of lake superior is a nice ride. how is the construction? I thought they were making it a 4 lane hwy.

Not too much construction that hampers travel. Quite a few bridges getting maintenance and there is some places where you see them working to make it 4 lane. The highway's changed quite a bit since I first travelled it 27 years ago. I'm sure it'll change more in the next 27.

Hot and sunny south of Barrie 33*celcius tomorrow and only a chance of rain wed. If you come this way shoot me a pm and we can ride to Dover together.

Looks like the lousy weather is heading east.. Maybe I'll head south for a while. If I make it your way Steve I'll shoot you a pm. But hitting Port Dover on Friday isn't in the works now. Have to be back at work by Tuesday and that'd make for 4 very long days of riding to get home. I'll need a day off when I get home to recuperate.:p

Not too much construction that hampers travel. Quite a few bridges getting maintenance and there is some places where you see them working to make it 4 lane. The highway's changed quite a bit since I first travelled it 27 years ago. I'm sure it'll change more in the next 27

thats what I thought. at least I got to ride it while it was a two lane road.

Changed my mind (big surprise huh :p) and decided to take a chance on the weather further east, and then south. Made it to Barrie, Ontario for the night.

Left Sault Ste. Marie in heavy fog this morning that didn't last too long. The heavy rain last night damaged the TCH east of Thessalon so ended up being detoured onto hwy 229 to 554 and met back up with the TCH at Iron Bridge. Nice scenery.. would have been better in the sun instead of the overcast but still nice. Not far after passing Sudbury the skies started to clear and the temp rose on my air gauge from 60 to 80. Lots of road work between Sudbury and Barrie.

Hopefully tomorrow the rain will hold off and I'll try and stop in and visit Steve.
Other wise, I'm looking to head over into Michigan at Sarnia and slowly make my way home. Froggie is missing me lots.. as I am her.:)

Left Barrie with sunny skies that continued throughout my ride today. Got off the freeway just out of Barrie and headed west into farm country. A welcome change from the past 2 days of rocks and trees, followed by more rocks and trees.
Crossed over into Michigan at Sarnia and, no big surprise to me, the U.S. Customs decided it was my turn for a "random" check. No big deal when there's nothing to hide so nothing for them to find. Customs officer couldn't fathom why I'd ride all this way just for a ride. Some people just don't understand the desire to just ride.

Had sorta planned on going to Muskegon and catch the ferry across to Milwaukee but the weather forcast was calling for severe thunder storm to come across that area so I just headed north. Ended up in Grayling for the night.

:D Looks like a very interesting ride, with all kinds of weather, look forward to the pictures,safe riding to you

:D Looks like a very interesting ride, with all kinds of weather, look forward to the pictures,safe riding to you

I think I'm starting to take after you in the picture department. I think I've taken a total of maybe 6 so far. Just not taking the time to stop.

Anyway, left Grayling with scattered clouds and weatherwise it was looking good. Enjoyed the ride over the Mackinac Bridge..nice view from up there.
Turned off onto Hwy 2 in St. Ignace and skirted the north shore of Lake Michigan. Beautiful riding all the way to Manistique where clouds were starting to roll in from the west. So I decided to head up to Manising and naturally a few miles out of Manistique I started to run into intermittent showers. Nothing heavy or lasting long until I turned off at Manising then it was near constant "intermittent" showers to past Crystal Falls. Had to stop in at Bald Eagle HD in Marquette for some decent rainproof gloves since the showers were getting heavy.

Made it to Duluth, MN for the night. Tomorrow will be the home stretch if things go right.

I think I'm starting to take after you in the picture department. I think I've taken a total of maybe 6 so far. Just not taking the time to stop.

Anyway, left Grayling with scattered clouds and weatherwise it was looking good. Enjoyed the ride over the Mackinac Bridge..nice view from up there.
Turned off onto Hwy 2 in St. Ignace and skirted the north shore of Lake Michigan. Beautiful riding all the way to Manistique where clouds were starting to roll in from the west. So I decided to head up to Manising and naturally a few miles out of Manistique I started to run into intermittent showers. Nothing heavy or lasting long until I turned off at Manising then it was near constant "intermittent" showers to past Crystal Falls. Had to stop in at Bald Eagle HD in Marquette for some decent rainproof gloves since the showers were getting heavy.

Made it to Duluth, MN for the night. Tomorrow will be the home stretch if things go right.

:p LOL, you dont want to be challenged like me, Duluth is a great city, I have a good friend there at the H D shop, we used to take our kids there every summer to watch the lakers come into harbor:s

Back