free website stats program September Ride: Idaho, Montana, or into the mountains of B.C | Harley Davidson Forums

September Ride: Idaho, Montana, or into the mountains of B.C

oldhippie

Looking to do a quick 9 day ride in mid September. Meeting up somewhere in southern Alberta with a friend from Edmonton then riding wherever. Down to Montana or Idaho if $$ exchange isn't too bad. If the exchange is poor, I'm thinking of just cruising through the mountains in B.C.

I've given myself 4 days of riding from home to Alberta and back, so the other 5 are open to just point and twist the throttle.

My question is: Is there much of a chance of snow in the upper mountain regions of B.C., and even the Glacier N.P.'s Going to the Sun Road, that time of year?

Any suggestions on sites to see in Montana and Idaho? Maybe even northern Wyoming, Utah and Nevada?

We rode the Going to the Sun Road 2 years ago and I've done Yellowstone, but second helpings aren't out of the question.:p

you should be ok, but saying that i have been in snow during August between Banff and Jasper. Banff though to Revelstoke should be better and trafic should also be lighter than the summer months. the Kootneys and the Okanogan will be good and some very nice riding in those areas. Nelson to Vernon is a very nice ride if you go over on hwy 6. i haven't done this in a few years so might want to check see what the road is like as far as maintenance in concerned. remember B.C. stands for Bring Cash!!!

you should be ok, but saying that i have been in snow during August between Banff and Jasper. Banff though to Revelstoke should be better and trafic should also be lighter than the summer months. the Kootneys and the Okanogan will be good and some very nice riding in those areas. Nelson to Vernon is a very nice ride if you go over on hwy 6. i haven't done this in a few years so might want to check see what the road is like as far as maintenance in concerned. remember B.C. stands for Bring Cash!!!

Hey Lorne, Froggie and I just did that drive last month from Castlegar to Vernon in the truck (her knee was still bugging her so the bike was left behind). The whole way I was just thinking how great it would have been on the bike. Don't think we hit any construction, but some spots could've used patching.

Hey Lorne, Froggie and I just did that drive last month from Castlegar to Vernon in the truck (her knee was still bugging her so the bike was left behind). The whole way I was just thinking how great it would have been on the bike. Don't think we hit any construction, but some spots could've used patching.

use to do that ride alot when i should of been in school...:p i still want to get my 98 softail up there as it looks like i will be spending my summer breaks with my folks in Vernon. and it hurts not to have a bike for those roads. next time you are in the area let me know and maybe have a coffee..or other

If youve got 5 days don't rush it. Try Hwy 12 in Mt Idaho, Hwy 95 in Idaho but there are some fires there. Als ohells canyon in NE Oregon. The road from Clarkston to Enterprise is a good one too. Have a blast and don't rush it wherever you go

montana should be good this year as we are having hot weather going to the sun highway should be open and let me know if you come this way ill grab some throttle with you guys

If youve got 5 days don't rush it. Try Hwy 12 in Mt Idaho, Hwy 95 in Idaho but there are some fires there. Als ohells canyon in NE Oregon. The road from Clarkston to Enterprise is a good one too. Have a blast and don't rush it wherever you go

montana should be good this year as we are having hot weather going to the sun highway should be open and let me know if you come this way ill grab some throttle with you guys

Thanks for the feedback.. Hopefully mother nature cooperates in September.

hope to see ya the weather is doing fine down here in nw montana and still open on the going to the sun highway also thanks for accepting friends request

Back