free website stats program September 2 week Road Trip Tentative Route | Harley Davidson Forums

September 2 week Road Trip Tentative Route

ChiroRick

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a 15-16 day road trip for this coming September.

Highlights of the trip will be:
Denver, CO
Moab, UT (Spending a full day there to rent a dual sport)
Grand Canyon (full day there too)
Vegas (sleeping off the hangover the next morning, so it'll be a late start that day)
San Diego (full day here)
Carlsbad Caverns (New Mexico)
Austin, TX (Home of Stevie Ray Vaughan)

This is a TENTATIVE route. I'll be mixing some backroads with interstate (to make good time). I plan on having each destination as a stopping point for the night, but not making any hotel reservations ahead of time. I'll just try to make as much mileage as I can, so I can take a few days rest from riding from point to point once I hit CO and AZ. I may just see where I get to, then have the bike shipped back from San Diego or something. We'll see what happens.

This will be the longest road trip I've taken. Last trip I took was 2700 miles in 6 days. It was fun, but it felt like I was ticking off miles and not enjoying the trip as much as I would have liked to. This time should be different.

Leeds, AL 35094 to Leeds, AL 35094 - Google Maps

keep in mind when you are in west Texas things are booming and there is not much hotel room. they are very few and very far between, i have been in Ozona for 1 week and already talked to 2 bikers that were looking for a room and both had to ride and extra 100 miles at night. and those rooms were not for sure. enjoy your trip

Sounds like your in for some fun.. Besure and take a bunch of pics for us to see. I bet you can't wait.. { Have Fun} Tom

I have been to Moab and the Grand canyon. Both very neat places. Oh and Vegas. Rented a Harley there a few years ago in the summer so be prepared for the heat!!

Back