free website stats program Sena SMH10 Blue Tooth | Harley Davidson Forums

Sena SMH10 Blue Tooth

otter1958

My wife and I have been using Blue Ant and they work well between our two bikes only last about 5 hours. Now I see a Sena SMH10 blue tooth. Has anyone used these? They claim to work for 8-10 hours and can pair with up to four other riders.

Bit the bullet and bought a pair of Sena SMH10 blue tooth head sets for around $300.00. Just tried them out tonight and I have to say they are the best heat sets I have ever used. They beat the Blue Ants we were using by a long shot. I still have to link it up to my garmin and my wifes I-Phone but for bike to bike we could hear each other extremely well. Can't wait to try them next week as we are headed out on a 12 day bike trip out east. I'll report back then.

Looks mighty fine...do you use it with 3/4 coverage helmets? Do keep in touch as to how well the Bluetooth integration goes with your Ultra.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/

tn229s3.jpg

I have it on our half helmets but it should also work on the 3/4" as well. I had to put a small 3/4" strip of velcro across the yoke on the chin straps for the speakers to mount to on the half helmets.

Just got back early from my bike trip. What a bust. On day three my Ultra classic had the inner cam shaft bearing go out which in turn pretty much destroyed my engine. We spent all of about two days at Appleton Harley Davidson in Clarksville TN. The cost to fix my bike was to be about $4,200.00. I didn't have an extended warranty so the mechnic called Harley and was able to at least get them to pick up about $2,900.00 of the bill since it was a factory defect. Getting back to the Sena head sets they were great, best sound we ever had bike to bike until one of the units lost a speaker and than later a second speaker. I have a call into Sena to get a replacement.

Sena is sending a new Speaker/Mic set. I didn't have to send the defective one back which is rather nice for a change. Hopefully this one works. I've had some bad luck with defective products lately!?

Just got the new speaker/mic set from Sena they just sent a new one and didn't require me returning the old unit which was nice. The new unit appears to be working perfectly now I just need my bike to be fixed and we are set to go!!

I've been using the Sena units since early spring. They work exactly as advertised. Before going to a Moto Driod X mobile device, I had the headset paired to a Moto RAZR, a Garmin GPS, and a Apple ITouch MP3's player. Have had mine "paired" to 3 others in our group without any problems. Battery life is fantastic, and having only 2 buttons, they are very easy to use.

I have it on our half helmets but it should also work on the 3/4" as well. I had to put a small 3/4" strip of velcro across the yoke on the chin straps for the speakers to mount to on the half helmets.

hi all

hi otter, how does the mic work with half hemet? Is there any noise? Does
wind buffetting cause any problems?

any help would be greatly appreciated:help:42:

I have been looking for a LONG time for a set that works !! After the last two days searching the web and reading the reviews ordered the dual set today ! Will let you know after I try it out

Back