free website stats program semi-cruise control | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

semi-cruise control

I like to do a lot of long distance riding. I would not like to lose my cruise control on the Ultra. I use it all of the time when on the road, never around town or in heavy traffic. Gives me the ability to move the right hand and arm around to prevent stiffness in my old joints. When I get on the Dyna, I really miss it. That is the main reason the Dyna is normally used for around town riding only.

I have a 04 FLHT PI and was looking at puting factory cruise on it this spring. Will I have an issue having it put on?
Thanks

Yes, the police wiring harness does not have the plugin's for it, I know it can be done cutting and splicing, but not without blood ,sweet & tears, I have always just put a civilian wiring harness on the bike, much easier and gives you civilian switch housings & all the plugin's for civilian accessaorys.

it's not a plug & play . you eather have a major harness change, custom wiring, as the pi doesn't have the 10 pin plug part of the harness, spent a lot of time trying to make it work. big job. if your intrested i have the cruise control kit p#77197, fits 04-07 i'll sell cheep.............bw

hobbit have you tried the new avon air grips they are pretty great. ps i have tried iso's in the past they are pretty great also just going for a new look.

yo harley@16 i own a 07 RK without cruise i rent alot of bikes when i go on vacation mostly ultras with cruise it's great in fact i was planning on getting it over this winter but decided on wheels and apes instead next year cruise is definetly #1 on my list.

yo harley@16 i own a 07 RK without cruise i rent alot of bikes when i go on vacation mostly ultras with cruise it's great in fact i was planning on getting it over this winter but decided on wheels and apes instead next year cruise is definetly #1 on my list.

I did get to ride an UC a few years ago and when I had a chance to use it I did like it, but it seemed like there wasn't that much opportunity like in my car. It is on my wish list but I have to get a few other things first then see how much cash I got left. One thing that bothers me is my 07 FLHT has the handlebar controls already and the kit you buy has it in it too, I hate having to buy something that will sit on the shelf somewhere or get trash canned. I'll just have to get over it and buy it anyway.:swoon

I put the non kureyakin throttle boss on my '06 dyna. did mostly local riding but I really liked it. Didn't know the Kureyakin model existed and it looks way better than the one I had.

Back