semi-cruise control

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by bobwire, Feb 9, 2010.

1. bobwire

bobwire Active Member

anyone have an opinion on kuryakyn electro-magnetic cruise assist ? my police bike won't accept stock harley cruise.......bw

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

If you've tried the palm rest and that doesn't work for you the cruise assist would be the next step up. I have had a customer liked it, they don't speed up going up a hill but they do hold the throttle steady, safely.

3. bobwire

bobwire Active Member

haven't tried the palm rest. last bike i rode, the throttle stayed where you put it....bw

4. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

5. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

Chopper, have you put many of the throttle locks on? If so, is there a brand that is better than the rest? I'd like to do that to mine instead of the electronic cruise.

6. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

I think it's more a personal thing, but Kuryakyn seamed as good as any, on a 07, hd cruise would be a good option?

7. bobwire

bobwire Active Member

goin tomorrow to try the cheep route before trying the electro route, thanks chopper..........bw

8. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

But I'm too cheap for the electronic.

9. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Harley would never say cheap, it' just a cost effective solution. I think Kuryakyn was ok. I sure some of the other forum members use some other too, maybe they can ring in with sugestions.

10. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

I guess this leads me to ask those that have cruise, how much do you use it? Is it something you would miss if you didn't have it? I think I'd like it but don't know if I would use it enough to support the investment.