free website stats program selling my streetbob layed it down again | Harley Davidson Forums

selling my streetbob layed it down again

freebyrd

thats three times i dont know whats wrong with me i been riding since iwas 13 and never layed a bike down this much maybe this just ain't the bike for me,

thank gawd they all been low speed this was the worst though i glanced down t check my speed just as the lady in front of me panic stopped to make a turn, i locked it up and the bike went down she just drove away but we didn't hit each other i got road rash all over my left arm i was probably only going 20 or so when it happened,

they rubber shifter lever broke off and one of the c clamps on my windshield needs to be replaced but other than that the streetbob is a tough little bike not one other thing wrong

i may feel different in a few day but right now i rode the sum bitch home and parked it and don't want to look at it right now,

i'm so depressed man i been riding all my life and been down especialy on dirt bikes lots of times but this is my show bike my 44 year old shot at youth and its gonna kill me

but i walked away and the bike drove away can't ask for much more than, that
freebyrd

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, sucks man. Sorry to hear this. Im glad your ok. I would suggest taking a refresher course from MSF. Im not trying to say its you, but hey maybe it would help you understand what happened. I know when people have hunting accidents they suggest taking a hunter safety course, I dont see that this is any different.

Good luck on selling your bike and getting something that feels better for you.

thats three times i dont know whats wrong with me i been riding since iwas 13 and never layed a bike down this much maybe this just ain't the bike for me,

thank gawd they all been low speed this was the worst though i glanced down t check my speed just as the lady in front of me panic stopped to make a turn, i locked it up and the bike went down she just drove away but we didn't hit each other i got road rash all over my left arm i was probably only going 20 or so when it happened,

they rubber shifter lever broke off and one of the c clamps on my windshield needs to be replaced but other than that the streetbob is a tough son of a bitch not one other thing wrong

i may feel different in a few day but right now i rode the sum bitch home and parked it and don't want to look at it right now,

i'm depressed man i been riding all my life and been down especialy on dirt bikes lots of times but this is my show bike my 44 year old shot at youth and its gonna kill me

but i walked away and the bike drove away can't ask for much more than, that
freebyrd

Not trying to be mean but I don't see how it's the bike's fault. Give it a day or so - your emotions and adrenaline are running rampant right now. Glad you're OK! :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
This sucks! Glad to hear your OK and your right...give it a couple days you'll get back on the horse!

Stuff happens ... don't make a "rash" decision. I agree, take some time to make the right choice. Don't know about you, but giving my bike the boot would be like getting rid of the family dog (ticks you off sometimes but would surely miss it if it was gone).

Whoa! Dude....thats some tuff luck for sure. Glad your ok. Now let me tell ya 'bout laying it down...I never was on a bike till I was 58. I layed my down 5 or 6 times...lost count actually. Yeah a refresher course sounds like the ticket...My lay downs were pure stupidity....Turning the front wheel and applying the brake really truly sucks..I didn't know any better till I took the "Riders Edge" course. Another times I had a choice of laying it down before I hit the ditch or laying it down in the ditch...well I did the before. God must lov us dumb folks coz I think I've wore him out watching after me...My dear dear wifes been down with me a few times as well. We've never suffer any major injury ( Thank God ). I just want to ride so bad I just got er up and got on..oh yeah I found out about the tilt switch 5 minutes after I had the bike!...lol So maybe it is the bike..I sat on my neighbor Sporters when we first decided to get a Bike...and I honestly don't think I could have handled it...seem very top heavy to me and I barely touched the ground....I ended up buying a Road King....and seems was a much easier bike to handle....so maybe it is partly the bike....Just a thought.

well all i want to do today is fix the sumbitch:Dand i will take the msf as i know i was applying to much pressure on the front and not enugh on th rear brake so when i turned it was to late and to much front brake

i need some parts though if anyone has a c clamp fr a 49mm windshield i would gladly pay for the shipping and whatever you think its worth

mabye you would be better off with forward controls I rode a buddys street bob and the mid controls feel akward to me ,ya know theres two kind of riders those that have gone down and those that will go down just be glad the damage was minor to you your wife and your bike good luck

screw it i'm not selling it as far as dropping it three times twice was just laying it down as i was parking embarrassing yes especially at a rally with three thousand bikers around yesterday was my first real crash and i know what i did wrong too much front brake while trying to avoid the crash which i did.

just lost control and was following too close to react in time i am taking a msf course just went out and did a makeshift fix on the shifter lever another member
is sending me a new one now all need is a c clamp for a 49mm fork windshield and i'm good to g0
freebyrd

Sounds like you got your blood pressure down within normal range again and are making some good decisions - welcome back! :D

Back