free website stats program self diagnostics 2002 Road King? | Harley Davidson Forums

self diagnostics 2002 Road King?

looking for self diagnostics for RK. engine light comes on, start bike, engine light goes off, after running a few secs. engine light comes back on for about 10 secs, have 2002 FLHRI. read somewhere that if you hold odometer reset button in and turn ignition switch on you can access diagnostics, done this, but cant figure out meaning. get a "d01clr","d02clr","d03clr" and so on, goes up to "d011clr", then get a "PPU", then the numbers 82883. any meaning to this to anybody out there? where i read this there also was a post note saying "this only applies to full serial data bikes, ie, 04 and 05's. so i dont know if this would pertain to the 02 RK. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..............THANKS RK MILO

"d01clr","d02clr","d03clr" and so on, goes up to "d011clr" means they are all clear (no codes) the PPU 82883 is nothing to be concerned with. Parts identification.

There is a process to check the diagnostics codes through the speedo.

I got chastized for my first post, so I hope this one does not violate the standards of this forum.

I have an article from a magazine that explains how the process works. I also have manual that explains what the codes mean. What you have discrived sounds like you have a fault code that is stored in the computer by is not currently active. It still needs to be addressed.

I can send you the article if you send me an e-mail. I don't see how I can attach a file to this post.

Elmo

I got chastized for my first post, so I hope this one does not violate the standards of this forum.

I have an article from a magazine that explains how the process works. I also have manual that explains what the codes mean. What you have discrived sounds like you have a fault code that is stored in the computer by is not currently active. It still needs to be addressed.

I can send you the article if you send me an e-mail. I don't see how I can attach a file to this post.

Elmo

The procedure is posted in post #2

Elmo,

It is a great idea to get the HD Factory Service Manual covering your model and year, and we strongly recommend that folks do that. But in addition, there is a wealth of information on this site in the Self-Help pages. You might take a gander at what is out there.

It is always great to have other members referring folks to reference information already found here on the site. That gets them used to looking for their answers in the knowledge repository.

Self Help Information and Tips - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Elmo

You were sent a PM explaining that posting a persons name on another forum that sells Amsoil in your first post on the forum is not the best way to get the seal of approval.:s

Others have been removed from the members list for doing this very same thing as spamming the forum.

thanks Glider, another question; is the odometer/ignition trick giving me the diagnostics or should i go the diagnostic test wire route, if i can save a few bucks, it would be nice, plus I hate giving my money to the local HD shop, i usally go to Jamestown NY to do my HD shopping, I live in Erie Pa, and really dont like the service i get here

On your 2002 you have to use the series of flashes using the connector in the plug routine. I don't think you can get much using the odo on your bike but give it a try anyway. That system started on 04

Back