free website stats program seized the motor... what now ? | Harley Davidson Forums

seized the motor... what now ?

well I seized up the bike and will need to rebuild it ... I will be doing the work with a friend of mine to save money. It's a 2004 883. and am interested in getting a rebuild kit and need some help looking for parts...

it just locked up on the freeway ... and I was going to go to a 1200 kit and hoping I did not have to do the heads... but thats why I am asking :) to see what needs to be done and see about the costs and maybe see if I can find some links to parts and such too .

it just locked up on the freeway ... and I was going to go to a 1200 kit and hoping I did not have to do the heads... but thats why I am asking :) to see what needs to be done and see about the costs and maybe see if I can find some links to parts and such too .

looking forward to hearing "the rest of the story!" :p

whoa! share the story. How fast were you going... going around a bend.... highway... etc? How did the bike react? I imagine the rear wheel locked up in a hurry. Did you simply grab for the clutch to free the rear wheel?

Your experience and how you handled it could help someone down the road (literally).

well there is not much to tell really... driving in the fast lane about 80 and the bike starts to make this racket... as I start pulling over to stop and check it locks up ... forom there its all over the freeway. I pull in the clutch and coast to the side of the road. now I have to get it fixed as it's my only transportation ...

Glad you were able to handle a very sticky situation. Please let us know if you discover what caused it.

Wow... glad to hear you're ok. That sounds like one of the many nightmare situations that can occurr while riding these things. The only time I wrecked in about 3 years of riding the street was due to a rear tire blowout while riding 2up.

Hearing stories like yours reminds us that we need to keep our head on a swivel at all times while riding. Not every accident is due to bad, unaware, careless drivers... sometimes they just... well... happen.

Hope you get it fixed and yourself back on the street asap. Good luck!

Back