free website stats program Security | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Security

Imagine this situation:

A bike thief is patrolling a group of very nice looking Harleys diagonally parked along a road in a SeaSide resort area. There is a good size bike rally in full swing, and the thief has watched a group of 20 or so riders park their bikes and wander off to enjoy the festivities. He carefully looks over the selection of bike knowing what to look for. Those bikes with a small flashing light (usually red) on the dash instruments he ignores. They are trouble for him. He knows that if fiddle with, either they won't start, or they will make a very annoying repeating screech that will at least have people turn and look. But there is what he has been trolling for! A newer bike with no flashing light! It takes him only seconds to defeat all the other silly stuff the rider thought would protect the bike. Another one for the chop shop or "hot" bike crowd, a some coin for his undeserved pockets.

Totally fiction ... or is it?

TQ

The insurance companies like it, $125.00 less on my insurance a year because of it

I have heard that insurance companies do like it better. I guess a lot of it has to do with where we are located too. Here in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, I really don't worry too much about it. If they're breaking into my garage, then I guess we have bigger issues. Now if I lived in Chicago or Los Angeles, I probably would use it more.

To get the discount with insurance companies from what I have seen you have to tell them you have it. They mark the price up 10-15% then give you the discount. They don't give you the lowest price then discount it. It just don't work that way. Like that worthless drivers course paper work same scam.

Yeah, that's not suprising. At any rate, I just think there is better things I can spend my $400 on, like a chrome front end. :D

Back