free website stats program security system | Harley Davidson Forums

security system

bc45

While riding home today the security light came on,went off when I increased RPM,It did the same thing 2 weeks ago and also aprox 1 year ago.
It happend on the same road and under the same conditions. Bike @ idle coasting down slight decline in road aprox 10mph in traffic. I can not duplicate symptom, Pulled code 61155 from the security module PN68924-07. Any one know what this code stands for and what to test? Bike is a 09 FLHTCU. Thanks in advance.

Glider ran it 3 times then cleared it, I bet the 61155 was a b1155, That would make sence with the conditions that the bike was opperating in. The chart for that is neutral switch short to batt. I wonder if under the conditions and legth of time coasting if it is a software issue throwing false code due to the speed of vehicle and it being at idle for the leghth of time? is there a test for that code?

I wonder if under the conditions and legth of time coasting if it is a software issue throwing false code due to the speed of vehicle and it being at idle for the leghth of time?

Yes. That is exactly what it is doing. If the neutral switch is shorted to ground (which is normal when activated) for more than 60 seconds along with the bike going 10 MPH or greater, a B1155 DTC will set. 60 seconds & 10 mph are the parameters, but if the time was actually less, it would not surprise me.

A B1154 will set if the same is done using the clutch lever switch.

Thank you Hoople, Went and checked wire diagram and tested switch and circuit and it tested fine. Is code setting conditions part of the powertrain controll manual?

Back