free website stats program Security System | Harley Davidson Forums

Security System

anjumkha

I have a EG 2007 Standard.
I want to buy a security system with fob from eBay.

Can I install it myself or it HAS to be installed by the dealer (special codes etc)

Thanks

M Khan

I purchased a security system from e-bay, and then later a 2nd FOB. I was able to marry the FOB to the ECM following instructions I got from this site. I believe Joy Flying wrote up the instructions that I followed - I remember very well spending a half hour in the garage running through the procedure. 3 steps at precisely 10 minute intervals - her instructions read that this was no time to multi-task. Best advise ever. Good luck with this.

I have a EG 2007 Standard.
I want to buy a security system with fob from eBay.

Can I install it myself or it HAS to be installed by the dealer (special codes etc)

Thanks

M Khan

There's a lot of IF's and maybe's. You didn't specify which security system/fob you want to buy. Your '07 already has the security "system" and hands free fob.
You can add a siren to the system with nothing else required. Or you can add a HD Pager/receiver II without dealer assistance. If the fob is "hands free" it must be married to the ecm by the dealer. Pre '07's ecm's could learn at home.
The above info subject to inaccuracies on my part. :)

Last edited:
Breeze3At:

Thanks for your advice.
Here are the answers to your qs:
1. I purchased Harley Davidson Smart Security System 68200-07. eBay item # 150587278176.

2. I did not get a fob from the seller, so I assume that the standard EG do not come with the security system.

I would appreciate further help from you.
Thanks
M Khan

Breeze3At:

Thanks for your advice.
Here are the answers to your qs:
1. I purchased Harley Davidson Smart Security System 68200-07. eBay item # 150587278176.

2. I did not get a fob from the seller, so I assume that the standard EG do not come with the security system.

I would appreciate further help from you.
Thanks
M Khan

O.k. I'm in a bit of grey area here. I thought the hands free fob and security system minus the siren was standard equipment on '07 Electra Glides. I guess it was an option on the Standard. From other posts on this forum asking about "new" fobs, I think you will have to have the dealer marry the new fob to your ECM. Other than that, it should be plug and play. I installed a siren on my '07 E.G. and it was a snap (I already had the fob/security). Please let us know just what you have to do, and I will try to remember it. :small3d031:

Back