free website stats program Security system flashing | Harley Davidson Forums

Security system flashing

175mws

How can I stop the Security system flashing when my 2007 FLHX is on a center stand. it seems to be killing my battery since it won't stop flashing.

Thanks in advance.

Ez-up center stand

How can I stop the Security system flashing when my 2007 FLHX is on a center stand. it seems to be killing my battery since it won't stop flashing.

Thanks in advance.

Ez-up center stand

Please elaborate what exactly is happening as far as flashing. Is it the turn signals you are referring to or the light in the instruments?? And how long is it flashing?

I would bet that part of the security system there is a pendulum built in to detect movement. When bike is on center stand the pendulum is triggering alarm as if bike is being stolen. I would try leaving fob near bike, like set it on seat, to allow system to register fob and allow bike to sit unattended....
And see what happens.

yes the turn signals don't stop flashing, It killed my battery so I need to get it replaced. it shorted out the cell.

yes the turn signals don't stop flashing, It killed my battery so I need to get it replaced. it shorted out the cell.

Another option, if above post is questionable why not park bike on side stand and see what happens....

I doubt that the E-Z up has anything to do with the problem. I usually park my '07 FLHTC on my lift with just enough pressure on the jack to keep the bike vertical, but both wheels still on the ground. I do notice that the security is more sensitive when vertical than when it's on the jiffy. Whatever position the bike is in, the security disables and resets after flashing for about 30-60 seconds. I suspect the problem is with your security module (tssm).

I think Breeze3at is right on the point. Sounds like something is wrong in system. I would hate for you to have to disable the alarm system because of the center stand..

Back