free website stats program Security system did not disarm | Harley Davidson Forums

Security system did not disarm

turnerbend

Was riding my Ultra Classic Friday and made a stop. Tried to start bike and security system would not disarm. Starter would not work, alarm went off, lights flashing for about 5 seconds. Thinking the battery was bad in the FOB, start to replace battery and System disarmed. Cycle started and I finished ride and came home. Was trying to troubleshoot problem Saturday and same thing happen. FOB battery good, Cycle battery good,
Question: Had on insulated jeans with a cell phone pocket on the right side.
Had my FOB on a loop above cell phone (touching) Could this have cause interference of FOB communicating with security system???
I thinking maybe. What do you think?

You might be onto something here. Put phone in saddle bag and try fob again.
Or if you have a extra fob change batteries in it and use it.

Found this info in my motorcycle manual today. Maybe it will help someone if they get in my situation as stated above.

Do not place fob in metal enclosure, and do not place it
closer than 3.0 in. (80.0 mm) to Cellular Phones, PDAs,
Displays and other electronic devices while operating the
motorcycle. That may prevent the fob from disarming the
security system.
● Fob battery should be replaced once every year. See
Section 3.27 HFSM: MAINTENANCE

turnerbend, thanks for the information. I'm sure it will save many members a lot of grief.

In case you can't disarm a 07 or later model using the FOB, here's some TSSM information that might come in handy:
If you have a 07 or later Harley with security on it, the first thing you should do is enter a personal PIN number into the TSSM. It only takes a couple of minutes and can save a lot of grief if the battery goes dead in your FOB, the FOB gets lost, falls out of your pocket or it was sitting on a bench in the garage when you started your bike to go have a Sunday breakfast with friends. Also if you ever lose you FOB’s without having a PIN number entered in, the only fix is to buy a new TSSM and have a Dealership install it, not cheap!

EnteringAInitialPINNumberIn07LaterSecuritySystems.jpg

ChangingAPINNumberOn07Later.jpg

HowtoDisarmSecurityUsingYourPINNumberon07LaterWithOutAFOB.jpg

If you ever have to trailer you bike, a smart feature of the 07 & later security system is being able to disable the motion detector so when you get where you’re going the battery will not be dead from having the security going off with every bump in the road you hit. This allows the vehicle to be picked up and moved in an armed state, however, any attempt to start the engine will trigger the alarm.

TransportModeon07Later.jpg

Was riding my Ultra Classic Friday and made a stop. Tried to start bike and security system would not disarm. Starter would not work, alarm went off, lights flashing for about 5 seconds. Thinking the battery was bad in the FOB, start to replace battery and System disarmed. Cycle started and I finished ride and came home. Was trying to troubleshoot problem Saturday and same thing happen. FOB battery good, Cycle battery good,
Question: Had on insulated jeans with a cell phone pocket on the right side.
Had my FOB on a loop above cell phone (touching) Could this have cause interference of FOB communicating with security system???
I thinking maybe. What do you think?
I'll bet the phone had nothing to do with it due to both devices using different R.F. spectums and the FOB was so close to the Antenna under the seat.

I put my FOB in my chrome cup holder once at a gas station, the bike did not start. The Metal in the cup holder shielded the FOB from the alarm receiver. :small3d023:

Remove the batery of the FOB and check for corrosion (green/white in color).
Clean if needed.

The Alarm Antenna is just above the Bikes battery. Did you check the Antenna to see if it is where it should be and if the plug is loose or connedcted at all?
Good louck

I'll bet the phone had nothing to do with it due to both devices using different R.F. spectums and the FOB was so close to the Antenna under the seat.

I put my FOB in my chrome cup holder once at a gas station, the bike did not start. The Metal in the cup holder shielded the FOB from the alarm receiver. :small3d023:

Remove the batery of the FOB and check for corrosion (green/white in color).
Clean if needed.

The Alarm Antenna is just above the Bikes battery. Did you check the Antenna to see if it is where it should be and if the plug is loose or connedcted at all?
Good louck

It was the cell phone interference. Final.

Back